Chapter Twenty Six

Kai felt someone shake his body and he slowly drowsed awake. He turned around and stretched his arms, opening one of his eyes to see Nicolas smiling down at him.

"Sleep well?" He asked running his fingers through Kai's messy hair.

"Mhmm. What time is it?" Kai groaned slowly sitting up and leaning his head against Nicolas's shoulder.  Nicolas wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer so he could comfortably nestle in his arms.

"It's 4 in the afternoon." He answered making Kai's eyes widened.

"You must have been so bored, I'm sorry." He told him but Nicolas shook him off.

"I wasn't don't worry. Rex came by so I went out for a bit to talk to him and then I read the book you got me for Christmas." He said and Kai smiled.

"Rex also managed to make sure we can go out without my mom finding out." Nicolas smiled and got up making Kai groan and fall back on the bed.

"Go get ready baby, I'm taking you out." Nicolas chuckled, pulling Kai up by grabbing his wrists before pushing him towards the bathroom.

Kai went to the bathroom and freshened up before going back out and looked through his bags for an appropriate outfit. He didn't really know what to wear so he settled for a red oversized turtleneck and black pants. He turned around and smiled at Nicolas who was staring at him intently.

"This good?" He asked holding up the clothes and Nicolas nodded, getting up and grabbing the clothes from Kai.

"Everything you wear is good." He said and Kai grinned.

Nicolas grabbed Kai's shirt and swiftly pulled it over his head. He grabbed the turtleneck and helped Kai into it making the boy smile at the attention.

Kai changed into his pants himself despite Nicolas's scowl and then he hugged him and gave him a quick kiss before turning around to get his jacket. When he zipped it up he walked over to Nicolas who also slid on his jacket.

"Let's go?" Kai asked but Nicolas shook his head.

"There's one thing missing." He said and Kai tilted his head in confusion.

Nicolas grabbed his own bag and after searching through it for a few moments he found what he was looking for. He walked back to Kai, holding his beige scarf and then wrapped it around Kai till it was covering his nose.

"Don't want you getting cold hm?" He said and then bend down until they were eye level and slid down the scarf to reveal Kai's lips which he left a soft, lingering kiss and then pulled the scarf back over his nose.

Kai was a blushing mess but he couldn't keep the smile off his face at how sweet Nicolas was being.

They walked out of their room and then into the elevator which was thankfully empty. When they got to the ground floor Nicolas told him it would be better if they left by the back door and Kai didn't question it as he followed behind him.

When they were finally out Nicolas took a deep
breath and dropped his shoulders in relief.

"Have you been stuck in that room ever since you came here?" Kai frowned but Nicolas only shrugged and continued to walk until they reached a car.

"Come on we're going to get something to eat first." Nicolas said opening the door for Kai and then getting into it himself.

"There's this really nice place where they sell amazing crepes and we could go there if you want something sweet or we could go to this burger place with really good burgers. We could also-"