Chapter One

9 years later.

It was only September and Kai could already see himself hating this school year. It was his last year of high school and he was extremely stressed. For the past two weeks he's been late about 10 times and he already failed a simple chemistry pop quiz.

Safe to say the year was not starting on a good note.

To make it all worse his best friend, Nicolas was accompanying his mother, Luciana on a business trip. He's been gone for almost two weeks now and that is also why Kai has been coming in late. Nicolas always picked up Kai in his fancy car but since he wasn't here Kai had to walk to school every morning which he hated doing because it meant waking up earlier.

However this morning Kai didn't walk to school.

Instead he ran.

"Late again?" Noelle laughed at him when he finally managed to make it to homeroom.

"Don't ask." Kai managed to say in between pants. "I slept through my alarm, then I fell asleep on the toilet and I almost broke my neck in the shower by slipping."

"Only you Kai. Only you." Noelle laughed quietly while the teaching started doing attendance.

"Where's Arthur?" Kai asked when they were free to talk till the bell rang again.

"How would I know?" Noelle muttered with an eye roll.

"Did you guys fight again?" Kai asked and the young girl next to him sighed tiredly.

"Maybe." She murmured.

"What happened?" He asked softly to one of his closest friends.

"He's been having a fling with this girl I hate since sophomore year and I asked him why he's "going out" with her he said it was because she's hot which pissed me off so I called him a fuckboy who thinks with nothing but his dick and he got all angry and left." She said and looked down at her white shoes with shame.

"You guys always fight over the girls he dates." Kai pointed out and Noelle shot him a glare.

"He doesn't date them! He leads them on and has fun with them before dumping them and moving on to the next one which is the exact definition of a fuckboy." She exclaimed rather loudly and a few people near them glanced at them.

"Shh!" Kai whispered. "You're being too loud."

"Whatever." Noelles muttered in annoyance and glanced at the beige wall in boredom.

Kai sighed and looked at his friend sadly.

Noelle was usually a very cheerful and happy person. She was very beautiful with dark brown hair that was naturally curly. She has a light caramel skin tone and her usual bright brown eyes were dimmed in sadness because of the boy she was hopelessly in love with; Arthur Wells.

She had been in love with Arthur since freshmen year. Both of them quickly became the best of friends and Arthur loved Noelle. But not the same way she loved him. Everyone but Arthur knew Noelle was in love with him. Kai thought he was quite stupid for not noticing the feelings of his very own best friend since it was quite obvious.

She always put his needs over hers. She always attended his games even when his girlfriend didn't. She always made posters for him and cheered at the top of her lungs for him. And if his team lost she'll treat him at his favourite restaurant to cheer him up, and if they won she'll throw a party at her house for him and his teammates to celebrate.