Chapter 45

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 45

Kundinpuri, Vidarbha Kingdom, Dwapar Yuga

Karna POV

I was standing at a balcony in the royal palace of Vidarbha, thinking alone. The rays of the Surya Narayana were giving me the same comfort as my mother's kind touch. My mind was processing the matters that happened with us yesterday.

Flashback:

Mitra Duryodhana came downhill in the evening. I was still meditating for his safety when I felt his touch in my shoulders. I knew immediately that it was him. I opened my eyes and saw him standing in front of me. He was unharmed.

"Mitra! Are you all right?" He asked me with a concerned voice. I looked at him with shock.

"What are you looking at? Was there two horns on my head?" He asked me in a joking tone. Then he hugged me tightly.

"I am fine, look at me. Though Gurudev literally thrashed me like a washer man washing his clothes. If it wasn't Mahadev's blessings, then the result would be something else."

I was still silent, because I could not find the proper words.

"Look at this. Gurudev gave me the sword of Sahasravahu. He also gave me the knowledge of Sahasravanastra, Nagastra and..."Suddenly he stopped mid-sentence. It was like he was struggling to speak. I understood the situation.

"Gurudev have forbidden you to disclose the knowledge. So you can't tell me about it. Do not struggle against it."

My friend heaved a sigh.

"Let's spend the night here. We will start our journey tomorrow morning."

The next morning, both of us climbed up the mountain again. We met Gurudev Parashurama and he blessed us.

"Radheya, you are very lucky to have a friend like him. Rajkumar, you are also very lucky to have a friend like Karna. May Mahadev guide both of you to the right path.", Gurudev blessed us both.

After leaving the hills, we started our journey on that mechanical ride. Now we have to cross the dense forest again to reach Vidarbha kingdom. We were riding when suddenly both of us smelled a foul odour. That odour was so foul, that both of us literally stumbled after smelling it.

"Rakshashas are nearby. I knew it.", I whispered to my Mitra. Then we heard loud growls and screaming of men.

"Someone is in danger. We need to help him. The sound was coming from the west." I shouted to my Mitra. He didn't say anything and turned the ride towards west. In a moment, a horrific sight welcomed us.

A group of Rakshashas attacked some people. There were dead bodies, dead horses and a broken chariot lying on the ground. But one old man was still fighting with them. That man was shooting arrows on the Rakshashas. In front of us, he killed two of them. But suddenly, I saw one Rakshasha magically appeared behind him, and landed a huge blow on the old man's head with a huge stone.

"On your guard!" I shouted. In a moment, one powerful arrow from my bow pierced that Rakshasha. He fell on the ground like the stone in his hand. The other Rakshashas also saw us. Now the seven of them charged at us.