N i g h t s 🎑 P r t. 2

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

I was mad, confused, and concerned. The last thing I felt was scared. Don't nobody put fear in my heart.

We walked through the hospital to the front desk where we met an officer and a lady doctor.

"What's going on?" I asked them.

"Ma'am is your name Ashanti Renèe Robinson?" the officer asked.

"Yes it is. What's the problem?"

"We had someone come in and use your name inorder to see a patient." I looked over at Jay and he was pissed off so was Demarcus.

My main concern is who the fuck used my name to see Jo'nae. Of course I only thought of two bitches. But I swear to you pregnant or not I will kill them.

"What did the person look like?" Demarcus asked. I stood there in anger.

"She was a little taller than her." She said pointing to me. "She had long hair and light skin."

Rachel. I thought. I stood there and without realizing I was shaking with anger. Jay come over to me and rubbed my back trying to calm me down.

"What was she wearing?" I asked her.

"Jeans and a black hoodie. She had some type of bag with her. I didn't let her go see Mrs. Andrews though. She seemed so sketchy." I nodded at the doctor and made my way towards Jo'naes room while the boys followed me.

Once we got in her room we took our usual seats. We sat in silence for a minute. I didn't know what to think. Rachel tried to come and see Jo'nae. First off all how does she know she's in this hospital out of everyone in the area.

"It was definitely Rachel." Demarcus said breaking the silence. Jay and I looked up at him with "wtf" faces.

"Nahhhh nigga we don't know that." Jay told him.

"I'm just tired of this shit bro." He said getting up walking towards her bed. I grabbed her hand and held it. I miss hearing her voice.

"I miss her hugs, and her laugh. Most of all her naggin. It took me a while to realize that she only did it cause she loved me."

"Loved?!" I said. "She still do love you. You think she don't?" He shook his head. "Boy that girl still love you and always will."

"I hope so. But most of all I kiss her kisses. Those used tuh buss." Jay and I laughed at that. I looked at him while he looked over at Jo'nae.

Jay and Demarcus were looking at her like they were waiting for her to wake up any moment. I sat back while I still held her hand and rubbed my thumb on her backhand. Demarcus moved her hair out of her face and peeked her lips. Seconds later I felt pressure on my fingers. My eyes shot to my hand and Jo'nae was holding it.

"Bae." I said tapping Jay.

"What?"

"She's holding my hand! She's holding my hand!" I said getting excited.

"You lyin!" He looked at our hands and he could see her gripping my hand. He smiled and so did Demarcus.

"Go get a doctor! One of you go!" Jay shot up and ran to get a doctor while I stayed in the room with Jo'nae and Demarcus.

He returned with the same female doctor we met when we got here.

"What's going on?!" She asked as she entered.

"She tightened her hand around my fingers." I told her still holding her hands.

"Great that means she's waking up slowly."

We smiled at each other.

Come on pooh.

—————————————————————

Jo'nae Mariè Andrews, NJ📍

"Ashanti?!" I said running around. I was in some room. I'm not familiar with it at all. I've never been here before.

"She's waking up." I heard her say. "Come on pooh. You got it."

I kept trying to follow her voice but kept getting lost. I better not be dead. I still wanted to whoop Demarcus ass.

Just then I saw a light brighten the whole room. I turned and saw a figure form in front of me. I was gonna hit the jets but I couldn't something kept me glued.

"It's your time." It told me. I looked at it like wtf you mean it's my time??

"What?" I asked.

"You gotta go back now Jo'nae."

"How you know my name."

"Of course I know your name. But that's not important what's important is that you go back with Ashanti, Jay, and Demarcus." I rolled my eyes at his name.

"Aht Aht. Come on now you know you love that boy." It was right. I do love him still just hurt.

"Now come on they need you."

"Need me?" I asked as it grabbed my hand.

"Yes."

"I'm pretty sure I'm more of a want than a need."

"No. Jo'nae you're their guardian angel."

"What? Their guardian ang-"

"Yes, Their guardian angel. They need you. And you can't stay here any longer. Come on now." She walked me to a door and opened it. It was all white and bright. I held her hand as I walked to it but turned to her the last minute.

"How do I know they need me?"

"You won't know it. You would feel it though."

"Feel what?"

"You'll know when it happens." I didn't notice I was still holding her hand until she laughed. "Let go, Jo'nae." I was scared. What if this is where I'm supposed to be. I guess she noticed because she grabbed it tighter.

"Take a deep breathe." She said doing it with me. "Now let it go."

Once I exhaled she let go of my hand and a started to fall back. I didn't kick or scream at all. It was peaceful and happy.