J a y ' S h a w n

Jo'nae Mariè Andrews, NJ📍

So much has been going on lately. Jay is back in the house with me and Demarcus. He hasn't spoke about the situation that happened between him and Ashanti and neither has she. They don't bring it up. When their together they act as if nothing ever happened.

"Girl just tell me already damn." I said as we drove. We were picking up Aqua from Aaliyah's new crib.

"We just need time apart until we get ourselves together. It hurts but it's best."

I looked over at her. Ashanti was always good at putting words together but right now I was confused. "Gurl what da fawk dat mean?"

"I would rather we be separate right now then keep fighting in front of Aqua. Ion want her growing up with trauma. I know what that's like and I don't want her to experience it."

"You guys love each other." I said to her.

"Yea we do. We love each other enough to understand each other. We're still together of course regular shit we just don't see each other as often."

It kind of hurt me. Jay and Ashanti is what I've always wanted me and Demarcus to be. It feels weird not seeing them by each other's side. Whenever you see Jay you would see Ashanti.

I watched the road signs pass as Ashanti drove.

"Why'd Aaliyah have to live so damn far?" She asked.

"Girl, I don't blame her new city, new opportunities, new niggas." Ashanti gave me a look and we laughed. Her phone pinged and I looked down at it.

"See what that is for me." She asked as she turned the wheel. I picked up her phone and it was just another mention from Nicole and Rachel.

It's been so long that I done forgot about these bitches. It's like as SOON as life start making sense again they pop the fuck up.

I smacked my teeth and Ashanti glanced at me quickly before looking back at the road.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Same old shit."

Ever since Ashanti gave birth Rachel and Nicole have been going on a whole ass rant. They've been calling her out her name, tryna sabotage her business, and they tried to get at Stephanie. They even went as far as making fake accounts to harrass her. Like how bothered do you have to be?!

I've been wanting to handle them just like I handled Laura ass back at that club. Rest in Piss bitch.

"Calm down." She told me. She noticed my leg was bouncing more than usual. I slowed down my bouncing and put her phone back.

"I'm cool we all cool fuck them girls."

"You right you right." I said and laid back on the window.

———

"Girl this is nice!" I said walking upstairs.

"Yea. I was going to put it together myself but Jay insisted he do it."

"That's where he went yesterday?"