Ch. 10 - OVERLOOKED

Florence's outfit

Chapter Ten⊚ Overlooked ⊚

Chapter Ten
Overlooked

Florence and Lydia both sat on the back of an ambulance, waiting for the EMTs to sat Lydia was good to go home after getting strangled. Florence had her arms around Lydia who was leaning her back against Florence's chest with her eyes closed in exhaustion.

"You okay?" Florence asked, looking down at Lydia as she reached her hand up to gently trace the growing bruise on Lydia's neck. "I'm fine... Is what she said true? The soulmate thing? Did you know about that?" Lydia asked, looking up at Florence who stared at her for a moment before sighing.

"I know that Phoenix have connections to anything creature that has to do with death or fire. I didn't know about the soulmate part and I didn't know you were a Banshee. I mean- I had my suspicions but I didn't know for sure." Florence rambled making her cringe slightly at how awkward she sounded. Lydia was about to say something but Florence's phone went off making Florence pull it out.

"What is it?" Lydia asked and Florence sighed softly as she read the text, "I have to meet my pack at the hospital. Its were Derek is taking Jennifer." She said as she started to pull away from Lydia. "What are you guys going to do?" Lydia asked worriedly and Florence shrugged slightly, "We're going after Jennifer... So I guess we go through anyone that stand in the way." She sighed softly.

Florence went to walk away but Lydia grabbed her hand and stopped her, "Please dont hurt them. My friends." She said and Florence sighed. "Lydia-" She started to say but Lydia cut her off, "You've helped us before, multiple times... Do it again. Please." She said.

Florence stared at her for a moment before nodding slightly, "I'll see what I can do. But I promise I won't hurt them." She said making Lydia smile at her before Florence walked away.

Siren lights flashing, an ambulance full of evacuees veers away from the hospital's entrance. Derek's car and Stiles's Jeep soar in past and screech to a halt. Derek gets out and he makes no attempt to be gentle when pulling Jennifer out. Shutting the door of the Jeep, Scott pauses and looks at Stiles weird when he sees Stiles pull a baseball bat out of the back. "You got claws. I got a bat."

Derek, Jennifer, Scott and Stiles enter through the side door. They pass the reception desk the moment Melissa comes rushing back in through the ER entrance. "Scott?" He turns back, the others pausing ahead of him. "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating." Melissa asks.

"We're here for Cora." Scott said and Melissa looked at all if them, "All of you? And why does Stiles have a bat?" Melissa asked pointing at the bat making Scott sigh. "Mom, trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now." Melissa notices the way Derek holds Jennifer's arm, sees the tension on their faces.