Chapter 22

Chapter 22 is dedicated to therealestb and JoselineEliza12 and evangelina_triss

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your support ❤-----------------------------------------------------------

I had to reject Ashton

"Elizabeth, no!" he shouted. "Don't do this!"

I ignored him as best as I could and faced the king. I hoped he could feel the animosity in my glare, but whether he did or not, he didn’t let it show. His expression had become his usual one of rigid politeness. His lips pulled up into his usual formal smile. I felt like a lamb before a wolf.

My head hurt. My heart hurt. Everything hurt as the crushing weight of what I had to do weighed on me.

Ashton and I were both here, face to face. That was the only condition necessary for the soulmate rejection. It was just one sentence— just a couple words that would absolutely kill the both of us. I had to do it.

"I, Elizabeth Danielle Seymour-"

"Please don't do this, Elizabeth!"

"R-Reject you, Ashto-" My voice cracked, going an octave higher than it was supposed to.

Horror and disbelief was etched on every inch of Ashton's face which had gone pale. His beautiful features were twisted in anguish. His eyes were wide, and almost glossy.

No! How could I even think about doing this? I shook my head slowly. I couldn't do this to him. If he wanted to reject me, then as much as it would hurt, I would endure it and accept his decision. Of course, I would be miserable for the rest of my life. But I wouldn't be the one to end it like this.

"Have you forgotten the words of the soulmate rejection?" the king inquired after I stayed silent. "Repeat after me-"

“Stop this!” Ashton growled fiercely.

I had never heard him sound so angry. He gripped the king’s hand, and with more strength than I thought he had, he pushed him away. There was a cracking sound and the king raised an eyebrow, as his wrist went limp.

His mouth rounded in surprise as Ashton glared at him venomously, his eyes dancing with rage. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The king’s wrist looked broken. My own wrist ached just from looking at it. I remembered how painful it had been when Malekh had sprained mine, but the king looked unfazed. Instead he… smiled?

“You’ve gotten stronger.” His voice held a hint of pride. He smirked, eerily impressed by his son’s ability to injure him.

This family was so weird.