forty three

I got up the next morning with a stupid smile plated on my face.
Last night with Aiden was great.

We just sat under the stars and talked for hours, about literally anything and everything.

Saying I had a good time was an understatement, and it pissed me off that I enjoyed his company so much.

After I got back, we found Levi and Scarlett walking outside, and I don't even know how the fuck they knew, but they just did.

I was actually getting better, I mean my cast would come off in 2 weeks, and hopefully in another 2 weeks my lungs would heel as well. I'm guessing after that, I can start working out again, and then we'll have spring break, which will most definitely be a great time, and then I can leave Rosewood High.

Cassidy was also away for another two weeks, as much as I didn't really care for her opinion, as long as my legs weren't working, she did scare me a little.

I headed for breakfast.
I saw Ryan, Jake and Levi we're already there, and joined them.

"How was the opening of the Hotel last night?" Jacob asked.

"It was good, we went a little late but it was nice," I smiled.

"Did your mom go?" Levi asked.

"Yeah, she was there," I said.

"Ohh great, nice...nice," Ryan said, sounding a little suprised.

"Heyy," I heard a rather deep voice from behind me, and turned around, seeing a sort of familiar face behind me.

He was tall, and had tan skin, light green eyes, and a bunch of bruises on his face. He had a bunch of tattoos around his neck and arms, poping through the seem of his t-shirt.

Ryan, Jake and Levi weirdly tensed up, and I saw Ryan's eyes flicker to mine for a second.

"Where's Aiden?" The guy asked from behind me.

"I don't know Jax, what do you want?" Jacob said.

Jax? His name sounded familiar as well-

Oh my god, he was Asher's friend? I think?

He looked at me and narrowed his eyes, after which he smirked, and cleared his throat.
"I wanted to ask if he's gonna go back to fucking rehab this December, I-

Jacob got up, and stood hardly an inch away from......Jax?

"Listen Jax, If you're here to pick a fucking fight I'd advice you to save it for the game," Jacob said.

Huh?

Jax narrowed his eyes at Jake, and sort of defensively took a step back.

"I'll see you around," he smirked, and asked out of the Cafeteria.

"Who?" I asked.

"Aiden's brother," Ryan replied.

"What?" Ohhh rightttt. "And Asher's friend?" I asked.

"Not sure, he goes to JF high though," Levi said.

"Listen I need to go for class, I'll see you later," Ryan said, getting up.

"No, same," Jake and Levi said, standing.

"Alright, bye," I said, looking at my phone.

"You're not coming?" Levi asked.

"No, my first class with Scarlett got canceled, we're going to the library," I said.

"Aight, see you," Levi said, and they walked away.

The day was going pretty uneventfuly, until, in the evening, I was waiting outside our dorms for Aiden. We were going to get milkshakes, not sure why, but I'd never tuen down the offer.

My phone then suddenly began ringing,

"Hello?" I said hesitantly into the phone, talking to an unknown number.

"Good afternoon, is this Hayley Jones?" A cheerful voice said.

"Yeah, can I help you?" I asked softly.

"Hi! I work for RWK Assets, a company that focuses on bringing young artists and performers to the front stage. We basically find small gigs for people that have signed with us, and take a small portion of they're pay as committe. I saw your art at Mr.Aaron Grey's event last night" she said, OMG is she asking me to sign with her?!?!?!?! Jesus fucking christ this is huge .

"We're hiring a bunch of new interns to start a new project we're working on. There's a bunch of art related work in our company, and was wondering if you'd like to be one of the inters? It'll give you a headstart in the field, and will look great on collage applications," she said.

OH WELL obviously she was not suggesting I sign with them god!

Wow, well damn.

"Uhm....thanks for the offer," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I really think you have have it takes," she said,

"Thanks...."

"Well are you interested?" She asked.

"Maybe....can I get back to you,"

"Mhmm but there isn't much time. If you send it your application by tonight, you have a pretty good shot,"

"What do you mean, I thought you were offering me a position?" I asked.

"Well I definitely think you'll get it, but we're going to be chosing only 20 interns and I can't garuntee anyone a seat," she said.

"Oh...okay.."

"Yeah, I'll send you a link to a website for your application, make it concise and natural. We're looking for something unique, not formal, or sticking to the norms," she said,

"Alright, thank you so much," I said, and she hung up.

I really thought they we're offering me a huge job huh. How stupid of me God!!

"Hey, sorry I got late, Levi was showing me something, " Aiden said.

"Hi," I smiled.

"What was your phone call about, seemed important," he said.

"There's some company they're looking for interns, somethi g related to design," I said,

"Oh wow thats great! You're gonna take it right?"

"I don't think so," I said, "how was your day?" I asked

"What? Why not?"

"Hmm?"

"Hayley, take the internship,"

I sighed, "I thought they were offering to sign me as an artist, and I just feel like I don't take my studded seriously enough to actually make a career out of it,"

"Hey cmon, they didn't offer to sign you cause you're not even out of collage, this is a really cool opertunity, I really think you should take it," he smiled.

"I don't know if they'll take me anyway, I can only apply,"

"I'm sure you'll get in, and you're not gonna lose anything by trying," he smiled.

"Maybe I will ," I smiled back,  holding his hand.

It really would look good on collage applications, and I could really use something to keep me motivated and distracted, which would also prevent me from spiraling

That evening I collected a bunch of my art work, and made some sort of a mood board for my application.

I made mine about growth. I had painted a few things about growth, which I used, and along with that, I sent it some of my childhood work as well. You could really see the contrast in how much everything has changed since then. Not just the quality of the art, but the style, and the colors used.

The only issue was, I didn't know for sure that I would get it, and if I didn't I'd be pretty bummed out.