06

-CHAPTER SIX-

“Mr. Morgenstern, your twelve o’ clock is here,” Denise’s voice ringed through the intercom and Blake grunted in annoyance.

He couldn’t wait for this interview to be done already. Today had been a long day for him and it was taking all of his self control to not strangle the interviewee who was about to walk through that door.

It didn’t help that he was going to have to deal with a sour Sebastian upon returning home. Due to schedule miscalculations, the Board of Directors meeting was pre poned and Sebastian had to answer questions he wasn’t yet ready to answer.

Questions about where their father was.

It had been five, almost six years since James had been seen in the public. It had also been the last time the company had ever seen their now former CEO, who had disappeared from the face of the planet overnight.

Only his eldest two children knew where he was at the moment, and since it wasn’t the right time for their father to come back home, Sebastian had to avoid the Directors’ nosy questions. And it was safe to say that these men and women didn’t like taking no for an answer.

“Where is your father Mr. Morgenstern? And no roundabout answers this time,” Mrs. Spade’s hard British accent had dominated the room. While the six Directors were sitting in front of them, the brothers sat beside each other, in full confidence.

“He is not in the States, Mrs. Spade,” Sebastian had simply answered and Blake had to stop himself from musing at their reactions. Blake had always admired his elder brother. He admired the ability Sebastian had when it came to diffusing a situation and he felt proud to call him his mentor. Everything that Blake had ever known, it was because Sebastian had a hand in educating him about it.

Blake was fascinated by the way Sebastian carried himself. The elegance and dominance that always radiated from his brother was astonishing. Even now, as they had been sitting in front of the people who were their superiors, Blake knew that those six men and women were the ones intimidated by Sebastian, and they had every right to be so. 

Blake could count only a handful of times he had ever seen his brother smile, and one of those rare moments had been when they had seen the beautiful girl their little sister had grown up to become. 

Up until she was sixteen, Sebastian and Blake had decided to keep their distance from her. They had their men undercover near her foster home to see that she was being taken care of. But the brothers themselves never made contact with her until her sixteenth birthday.

Jamie, Ophelia’s bodyguard who had been posted near her house was asked to snap a picture of their sister and send it to Sebastian. The last time they had seen their sister was when she was being taken away from out of their front door 13 years ago. 

Her big silver eyes filled with tears and face full of confusion as to why she was being separated from her brothers. Blake had never seen his older brother smile after that day. Not until they had seen what their sister looked like. 

The picture was taken in a book store and Lia was seen to be looking through some books in the fantasy section. The first thought Blake had upon seeing her was just how much she resembled Sebastian, he had expected some changes in her appearances since it was common for children to change eye colors or hair colors as they grew up.