18

-CHAPTER EIGHTEEN-

It took everything in Tony to not run away for his hide when he saw his boss waiting for him in the huge backyard of the mansion the next morning.

His boss was looking patiently at the forest standing in front of them, wearing a dark blue suit and black shoes. Tony was still in his suit pant and shirt from last night, though Mrs. Ridley had offered him more comfortable clothes, to which Tony had refused. 

He didn’t get a chance to announce himself when Blake turned around, his face still stoic and hard. “Did you sleep well,” he asked Tony who nodded, “Yes, I did.” Blake nodded once and looked back at the forest. 

Tony walked a little more until he reached Blake’s side and waited patiently for his boss to begin talking, as much as he had been dreading the conversation, Tony just wished they could get over with it. 

“Why do you think I killed that man, Anthony,” Blake asked in a dull distant voice. Tony paused, trying to get his thoughts straight, “I don’t know. I didn’t understand what exactly he was apologizing for.” Blake curled his lip in disgust, but Tony had a feeling it wasn’t for him. 

“Kurt betrayed me. Betrayed this family. And no one gets away with that,” Blake said. “Wh-What did he do,” Tony asked, hoping he wasn’t overstepping. His boss looked at him with a blank expression, “Every person who comes to work for us, is expected to be loyal to us. Be it an executive or the fucking maid. Loyalty is what defines a person in my world, Anthony. And betraying the ones who have done so much for you is worse than any crime. Can I expect it from you?” 

“Expect what,” Tony asked confusingly. “Loyalty, Anthony,” Blake answered, “Can I expect full loyalty from you, regardless of what job you’re doing for me or why, regardless of why Kurt betrayed us?” Tony instantly answered, “Yes.” 

And he meant it. He knew that the man in front of him had killed someone, and he knew by the way his boss had done it that it wasn’t the first time Blake had killed someone. But still, a major part of him trusted his boss, and as fucked up as it was, Tony didn’t mind it. Not really.

The smallest smile stretched on Blake’s lips. He put a hand on Tony’s shoulder and said, “I hope you know the consequences if you don’t live up to that.”

Tony didn’t say anything. He didn’t need to. “I’m not going to tell you everything, not just yet. But I will tell this since you have witnessed a murder,” Blake paused and Tony eagerly waited for him to continue. 

“Not all businesses we own are legal.”

Blake raised an eyebrow slowly as Tony realized the exact meaning behind his boss’ words. He let out a soft gasp, but Blake quickly walked closer and gritted his teeth.

“Not a word, Anthony. Especially to her.

At the mention, Blake slightly nudged his head to Tony’s 10 o’ clock, where upon looking discreetly, Tony saw the girl who had invaded his mind sitting near the one of the many large windows, looking out at the sunrise with a serene face and a soft smile. 

Tony’s heart skipped a beat and he quickly looked back at Blake and nodded, “Not a word to anyone. Got it, boss.” Blake nodded, “Take the rest of the day off. You can stay here as long as you want. Even work from here, if you wish. Find Mrs. Ridley and let her know when you want to get back home.” With that he left. 

Tony didn’t move from his place for a few minutes. 

He looked at where Ophelia was sitting, and his heart stuttered again at her now sleeping form. She looked so… soft compared to her brothers, it almost baffled Tony to think that they were related.

The scene in front of him tempted Tony to take a picture, hold the memory forever, because he knew he shouldn't think of Ophelia that way. Her brothers wouldn’t approve of him.

But. Her eyes. 

Tony gazed at her, wishing mentally that he wasn’t looking like a creep and thought about how the innocent girl had no idea just how dangerous her brothers were.

-
ye lo.

what are your thoughts? pls tell me im sick of this silent reader thing 🙂

also blow this story up yaar im doing a lot of mehnat for this 😔✊.

(mehnat = hardwork)
(ye lo = there you go)