11

-CHAPTER ELEVEN-

Ophelia smiled fondly as she saw her  brother and friend talking in the hallway the next day.

When Lucas approached Diana in the morning, the entire school had been shocked by his actions, considering how everyone knew the tragic love story of the couple.

Diana, who was paying no attention to the sudden change in atmosphere had screamed her soul out when she saw Lucas’ face on the other side of the opened locker door.

Ophelia couldn’t hear what the pair was talking about, but given how Lucas had been leaning in the whole time, whispering to Diana who was unsuccessfully trying to mask her reactions, Ophelia concluded it couldn't be that bad.

First came the worry, then came shock and then even more shock. And then Ophelia nearly screamed out of delight when she saw her friend pulling her rambling and very very nervous brother into a passionate kiss.

Ophelia felt like Cupid when she saw them smile at each other as if they were their whole world. And they truly were.

“I’m concluding that this was your doing.” Ophelia turned around to see Elijah standing right behind her, and for once, she didn’t mind their proximity. 

She smiled brightly at Elijah, unaware of the effect it was having on the boy, “Yeah. I convinced Luc to talk to Diana but I didn’t think they would make up this fast.” Elijah swallowed and smiled weakly, “Well, congratulations anyway. You saved two souls helplessly in love with each from their everlasting heartbreak.” 

Ophelia smiled and looked back at the pair, who were hugging the life out of each other. Ophelia knew if she squinted her eyes for more focus, she would see tears in Diana's eyes. Tears of happiness. “I’m just happy I could help them.” 

“I wanted to ask you something,” Elijah hesitantly spoke. Ophelia nodded eagerly and he took a deep breath. “I know, we don’t know each other well. Mike told me you don’t remember much from your time with your brothers. So, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me sometime?” 

Ophelia felt her cheeks burn and shyly asked, “Are you asking me on a date Elijah?” He chuckled, “I was trying to do it with more subtlety but yes, I’m asking you on a date.” 

Even though Ophelia didn’t know Elijah that well, she knew just enough about him. He had been friends with her twin brothers since they were in their diapers and apparently when Ophelia had come along, she too had been taken into their little group.

Even his father, who was a successful business was a family friend and tight knit with the Morgensterns in their business and personal life.

What harm would it do to go out with a boy with whom you were constantly around as a child?

Ophelia didn't know, but she was about to find out.

So taking a leap of faith, Ophelia nodded a yes, unable to trust her voice as Elijah gave her a big smile. “Perfect, is Saturday okay?”

Much to Ophelia’s dismay, Sebastian had decided to eat dinner with the rest of the siblings, which entirely destroyed her plan of asking permission from Blake without their eldest brother present. 

She knew she couldn’t do it after dinner since Blake always seemed to disappear at night, her having no idea where he would go, and there was no way she was going to ask Sebastian after the last conversation they had. 

But since tomorrow was Saturday, Ophelia was officially fucked up.

“Uh, Can I go out with my friend tomorrow,” she tried to make it sound as casual as possible, which was difficult considering how a pair of silver eyes had been staring at without blinking.

“Sure. Where are you guys going,” Blake asked. Ophelia shrugged, “I don’t know yet. They didn’t tell me.” Sebastian resumed eating, “The Ice Skating rink at the Rockefeller Center.” 

Sebastian's casual tone took everyone by surprise. “How do you know that,” Lucas asked. “I confiscated her phone and it wouldn’t shut up from the constant notifications so I decided to see who the desperate soul was,” Sebastian replied, not stopping to eat as he talked.

“You checked my phone,” Ophelia nearly shouted but closed her mouth upon Sebastian’s eyebrow raising. “She’s going on a date.”

You little snitch, she thought as the kitchen filled with angry protests. 

“Oh hell no!”
“Nope. No dating until you’re at least 50, little girl.”
“Yeah, no Lia.”
“Who am I beating up?”
“What did he just say young lady?”

Ophelia narrowed her eyes at her eldest brother, but answered Blake’s question when Sebastian paid no attention to her. His focus still on munching on the ravioli.

“Yes I’m going on a date,” she sighed. “No, you’re not going on any date with any boy,” Lucas ordered. “Wha- You don’t even know who it is,” Lia retorted. “I don’t need to know. Any boy who mildly has romantic interest in you is to stay away from you. At least 3000 miles away from you,” Lucas said back in a hard tone. 

“Oh my God Lucas you’re literally going out with my friend. Stop being such a hypocrite,” Ophelia argued. “How am I a hypocrite? Wait… whose friend is it,” he asked. 

“It’s Elijah okay? He asked me out and I said yes,” Ophelia exhaled. The tense atmosphere in the kitchen instantly relaxed. 

“Why didn’t you say that before?”
“Okay maybe you can go out with him.”
“He seems like a good kid.”
“Hmm. I still don’t like it, but okay.”

Ophelia looked at her eldest two brothers and almost screamed when she saw the amusement shining in Sebastian's eyes. He snitched on her on purpose. 

Little shit.

“Thank you very much big bro. I will remember to return this favor to you,” she mocked and Sebastian simply shrugged.

“When exactly is this date,” Blake narrowed his eyes. “Tomorrow,” Ophelia replied timidly. Blake frowned, “I don’t like you going out on dates, but… hmm, since Elijah’s family, I will allow it this once.”

Ophelia’s face lit up, “Thank you so much Blake!” He smiled mockingly, “Hmm. Better keep your hands to yourself, I'm too young to be an uncle.”

You'd think having six older brothers means no boy would ever even dare to come near you because they'll chase them all away. Well, Ophelia's brothers either liked Elijah a lot or were simply broken.

-

might be a double update today.

why? cause im nice.

also, check out my profile and add book 2 to your libraries ;)

do you guys ever feel like randomly screaming out of nowhere?