Chapter 27

The worst part when going on a date is when you’re in my situation. That situation when you’re all cramped up with what you’re going to wear because of a huge cast that, I will most likely look like a puffed-up person with so much gear attached to me. Nonetheless, I would rather look like a puffed-up person rather than a naked one.

I sigh, “Wow!” I say, shocked. “I look like shit!” I exclaim, not at all surprised at my attempt at putting myself together to look decent. My grandmother told me this once, “If you look like shit, act like shit, and if those people insult you because you look like shit, make sure you treat them like shit.” You could say I got my whole personality from that wicked woman. We were both sarcastic and short tempered although I am quite reserved…sometimes.

“Honeybunch, are you ready for our date?” Maddox yells, loudly knocking at my door. “I can help you put on that delicious red dress I bought for you!” He suggests.

I scrunch up my nose, hating the word ‘honeybunch’. I honestly hate it when he calls me by his choice of pet names, it’s disturbing and we’re not even an official couple yet. “Sit your ass down mister! When I tell you I’m ready, you can stand up and come in!” I huff in annoyance, “And don’t call me ‘honeybunch’! I’m far from something sweet-like!”

“What about the second thing I’ve suggested? I can—“

“What did I tell you about being a pervert?” I butt in. Boys being boys, thinking that their perverted comments would score them. He’s an idiot, but he’s my idiot. 

“That you’ll cut my precious little fella,” Maddox laughs. “You know, how will we be able to produce our future babies if you’ll cut out my dingy? It’s kind of big baby totes, a chainsaw would never handle to cut this piece out.” Maddox brags.

I open the door while holding my high heels, throwing the sharp area towards his direction. “I’ll buy a headlock stock and duct tape just to torture you.” I warned. “I have mace spray Maddox and I’m not afraid to spray it on your junior area.”

“Fuck!” Maddox rubs his upper arm. “I don’t know if you’re talking dirty about the headlock thing, but if you are, I’m pretty sure things will get kinky.” Maddox wiggles his eyebrows, suggestively.

I put my palm on my face, shaking my head because of his perverted self and mind. Sometimes I would question our bonding, together. We both are insane people, and I would bang my head against a table multiple times because the both of us are pretty much messed up.

“Sometimes, I just want to bang my head inside a TV and never come out.” I state, laughing sarcastically.

“Since you look like a doll, let’s get going.” Maddox takes my purse at the couch. “Are you sure that you don’t need a wheelchair?” He asks, concerned.

I wave him off, “I’m fine Maddox.” Maddox opens the door for me, and I step outside of my dorm room, hauling with my heavy crutches. “Two more weeks and I can take this piece of shit off.” I grumble, moving to the side so that Maddox will be able to walk out.

I turn my head towards Maddox, “Come on, we have a curfew.” Maddox helps me inside his car. As you can see, we’re both rebels that have decided to disobey our parents and do something crazy. I like it when I do things insanely, it keeps my life excited and all, jittery. At the end of this date, if my parents do find out, I’ll be grounded for a month or so and probably get told off on the ear by Axel. I’m still upset that he would say such thing to me. I was even shocked when he let those words out of his mouth. But I can’t deny him, he’s kind of right, maybe this mess was partially my fault. And I can’t deny that he hasn’t been apologizing to me, all he just did was apologize and apologize and apologize, nonstop. I felt bad for ignoring him, but I can’t just let it slide, I’ll admit, the truth hurts.