THREE

THREE [NEW]

Jasmine grunts as she roughly pulls down the ends of her skirt, "The fuck! It won't go down!" I giggle at her struggle but soon meet with her piercing eyes. "Not funny, Bree," she snaps.

"Then wear a pair of stockings or maybe even fishnets," I suggest.

An unbelievable expression paints her face, "Do you hear yourself? Whether if I'm wearing a pair of stockings or fishnets it wouldn't make a difference; it'll still look like I'm wearing underwear," she explains herself while continuously pulling.

"You might rip your skirt if you keep pulling," I warn her. "Let it be. We don't have any other option."

She huffs with determination, "How am I going to take someone down with the flimsy skirt?"

Another laugh escapes my lips, "Why would think about taking someone down?"

"For starters, when someone touches my ass, I wouldn't think twice about swinging my legs around their neck, force them to the ground, and choke them with it."

Fair point. Jasmine is a beautiful girl but she isn't one to mess with. She earned her title as a head warrior.

"Well, we can't do anything about it. The academy strictly adheres to only two types of uniforms for our supposedly two types of genders," I explain to her, even air quoting supposedly for her to just drop it. "We just need to accept the fact that we still conform to our gender norms."

Jasmine doesn't say anything else and gets up, grabs her bag, and exits the door. Bingo.

Before going out, I make sure I have everything with me. Richard is on my waist with the dropper wrapped around its casing. I shut the door and see Jasmine leaning against the wall, observing the students close to us.

"Damn, we look stupid wearing these uniforms," she straightens her stance and puts her arms on my shoulder. "Let's take the stairs, I can't have a bunch of preppy students up in my space and in my ass in that elevator."

"Jasmine, not everything is about your ass," I retort.

She gives me a look, "Have you seen my ass, Bree?"

Shaking my head, she's such a crackhead sometimes.

Jasmine and I sign out of our dormitories and walk to school. Yesterday, we were all informed that there will be a grand assembly today. They required us to come in early and to wear our proper uniforms.

"So..." Jasmine trails off, "I heard one of the council members dropped by our packs after our departure."

I nod my head, "Dad and I talked about it and he said that they've been doing formal inspections on all packs. He didn't say why but I feel like they're on to something."

"That's the council for you, always lurking and ready to attack. Everything they do has a purpose." She clicks her tongue and turns her face to the side to get a better look at me, "How did you deal with the news?"

"You know me, I tend to overthink and then panic," I answer and then open the metal doors to our school.

Oh wow. That's a lot of students. I sudden rush hits me and I'm overwhelmed.

Relax. It's going to be all right.

"It's game time," Jasmine remarks sarcastically.

We walk to the school's auditorium, passing by a bunch of chattering students. Some of the pupils have thick accents that make their English incomprehensible. It doesn't shock me as much seeing as werewolves come from different parts of the world.