Investigation 8

Y/N POV: I began to walk back to the library after Tsumugi gave my hand a comforting squeeze, once I returned to the library my eyes were still a little glossy from just a few moments ago thinking that I was going to get assaulted. I wiped my eyes with my handkerchief. As I did that I saw Kaede and Shuichi making there way over to me in a little bit of a hurry. "Hey, Y/N. Could you give us your alibi for what you were doing during the murder?" Kaede asked. I stood there motionless for a few seconds before I snapped back into reality. "Um, sure thing. I-I was in the dining hall with Kirumi, Miu, Tsumugi and Kiyo. T-Tsumugi left the dining hall for a little while though." I replied. 

Kaede stood there as she was probably thinking about what I had just said. "I see, is there anything else to add?" She asked. "N-No, nothing that comes to mind. Um, could I get your alibi?" I asked. I almost forgot to get Kaede and Shuichi's alibies, I'm happy they came to talk to me first. "Sure thing, Shuichi and I were in the empty classroom to keep watch for when the signal came that the mastermind had entered the library. Shuichi left the classroom for a little while before I joined him." Kaede answered. I took note of that fact. Kaede's alibi seemed a little odd in a few places, but I guess all judgment must be cast aside until the class trial. I nodded at Kaede and Shuichi and they left without a second to lose. I stood in the library for a little while as I examined a few things and tidied up a little until I could find something useful to do. I was in the library for a few more minutes before I jumped out of my skin at a now-familiar chime.

Ding Dong Bing Bong!

I felt my heart sink to my stomach, really? So soon? Despite investigating the crime scene I sure as hell didn't feel like I did a whole lot, would the others even need my help? We have an Ultimate Detective on our side. And with Kaede's influence on the group, I don't think they need an extra bonus if you could even call it that.

"It's time you bastards! Time for the long-awaited class trial!" Monotaro yelled. "No, it's not! We're just announcing that the photos are ready! Don't interrupt meeee! Anyway, I'll be waiting in the warehouse." Monophanie corrected. I felt a little more at ease by that, I don't think my heart is ready for the class trial yet, or...ever. "Huh? Hey... Does my face look weird to you? Has my face...always looked this weird?" Monokid asked, now that it's pointed out Monokid did look a little odd. "So long! Bear-well!" Monotaro Yelled. After that annoying catchphrase, the monitor went black. I sighed in exhaustion, they sure took their time with developing the photos, didn't they?

I sped walked to the school warehouse, it seemed almost as if my legs were moving on their own, even though I know deep down that the truth sometimes cannot be so easily obtained, no matter the circumstances. Both Kaede and Shuichi did say that the cameras were placed to catch the mastermind if there is one. I have my doubts, the mastermind is an extremely talented individual if they were able to capture 17 Ultimates and place them into a killing game. They're not one to be taken lightly, I do wonder that if there is a mastermind, what mental capacity are they at to do this? A motive should be in place, no one just does this for the sake of it. And if there isn't a motive then obviously they aren't mentally stable, that much is obvious. I opened the doors to the warehouse and I instantly saw both Kaede and Shuichi standing there with the Monokubs. "Oh! You came." Monophaine said. 

"Sure did. I came to see you, toots. Dehehe... You're as lovely as always." Monosuke said. "Oh, Monosuke, you're such a flirt... Ah, may I join you for a drink?" Monophanie asked. "Drink as much as you want. I've got cash to burn." Monosuke replied. "Hehe, that youuu. Excuuuuse me! Can we get a bottle here!?" Monophaine yelled. "Hahahahaha! This is great!" Monosuke laughed. I studied the art of flirting and romance for a while and that technique is nothing that I've ever heard or read about before. 

Kaede looked a little ticked off at this rather odd roleplay. "Hey, how long are you guys gonna do this for?" Kaede asked. "T-Take these...! It's all the photos. They're...separated in envelopes for each camera. Use them...to take those bastards down! I-It's all up to...you...now...! Dead." Monotaro said. "You...aren't supposed to say your actions." I mumbled. "...Pffft, I'm so rich. What's a journalist gonna do about it? Nothin', that's what. By that way, Monophanie...wanna get outta here after your shift ends?" Monosuke asked. "Teeheehee...I wanna fancy steak dinner." Monophanie said. I got quite bored with the very poor performance. I began to walk away to wat outside the warehouse doors for everyone else, and much more importantly...Korekiyo, I wonder the type of luck he's gotten, I hope it was better than mine, he looked pretty peaceful when I was talking to him.