67. The...

Sometimes you have to leave
Not because you don't love him
But because you need to love yourself first.

Author's POV

Continuation of flashback.

Omkar ascended the stairs and entered his room. Her words constantly echoed in his ears. He removed his blazer and tie and they ended up on the carpet. Clutching his hairs he seated at the end of the bed.

"Seee...all she sees is the luxury here but not the people and the love she gets. She doesn't value you" his mind said.

"No it's not like that" his heart said.

"It's not like that? Then like what?" his mind questioned his heart.

"Aadya loves you Om" his heart said.

"No she doesn't" his mind said.

"Yes she does" his heart said.

"You're saying this even after hearing what she uttered an hour ago. If she really loves Om she won't talk that materialistically" his mind argued.

"Did we hear their whole conversation? No right. So how can we jump to conclusions without knowing the whole scenario?" his heart questioned.

That was the war between his mind and heart and he didn't know whose side to take and whom to believe.

"Om. There is no use in listening to your heart. It talks all rubbish. Don't you know that Aadya married you even after knowing about your relationship with Priya? Don't you know that she married you even after reading the letter?" his mind questioned him.

"Yes but.." he was about to speak but it interrupted and said "What but?? That is the truth and it will never change"

"Oh really!! Are you saying that she married him for his money?" his heart questioned his mind.

"Yes obviously" his mind answered.

"Then what about the care she showered on him? She stayed by his side and supported him. She pulled him out of depression. She tolerated everything of him. Do you really think that she have done all these for his money?" his heart questioned his mind.

Silence filled the room. A deep sigh escaped his mouth. He stepped into the closet to change.

Though Aadya was physically present downstairs, her heart and mind was wandering around him. She wondered what happened that made him behave that wierd.

It was 11 pm and the guests started departing. They felt a little offended as Omkar was not present to give them a proper bye. Aadya, on behalf of Omkar, gave them proper bye and made them feel lighter.

"This man..he don't have professionalism at all. He should BEHAVE atleast infront of the guests" she sulked.

"Aadya. I think we need to leave now" said Nirmala.

"Amma. It's not good to leave at this time. Stay here" Aadya said.

"No Aadii. It's not correct to stay in daughter's in-law's house" said Srinivas.

"But nanna.." Aadya was about to speak but Srinivas interrupted and said "No buts and no ifs. We're leaving that's it"

Aadya simply nodded her head as she couldn't argue with her dad. Her parents left soon. She stepped into the hall and looked around. A few balloons were scattered on the floor. She was about to pick them when Annapurna entered the hall.

"Aadii.." Annapurna called her.

"Haa attayya" she responded picking the balloons.

"What happened to Om? Why did he leave the party after the dance?" Annapurna questioned.