Time Away Together

Relationships

Relationships.  They can make us.  They can hurt us.  They can make us happy or make us feel pain.  When you're in the in-between phase of not knowing what exactly you are label wise, it's hard.  Because you don't want to be invested in the relationship if the other person isn't.  If they are just using you for sex.  Or to fulfill their own emotional mess so they don't think about whatever is going on in their life.  

You are never really yourself in the relationship at the beginning in fear that the real you will not satisfy that person.  Well, my mom always taught me who the hell cares?  That if they don't love you for you they aren't worth it.  That your self-worth is more important than someone who doesn't appreciate you.

*

"Maybe," he grabbed her hands in his up to his mouth and pressed a kiss on her knuckles making her heart flutter.  "We just need a weekend away.  Just the two of us.  To figure out whatever this is."

"A weekend away?  Won't they suspect something is up if we both ask for time off?  I mean Callie is already getting suspicious..."

"Relax," he told her soothingly as he pressed another kiss to her knuckles.  "Besides if you tell them you are visiting family and I'll tell them I'm going back to New York.  As far as Callie goes - she wouldn't tell anyone even if she does find out.  She's not close with Derek or any of the interns.  Our secret would be safe with her."

Except George.

"And where exactly would we be going mister Sloan?" She asked making him smile and his blue eyes light up.

"We can go to Ontario, Canada.  Stay in a town called Niagra-on-the-Lake.  We can go hiking, visit the Niagra Falls, and have lots and lots of sex," he told her as her head went backwards as she let out a laugh.

"I like that," she told him and leaned in to press a kiss close to his lips.  "Deal."

"You are such a tease," he told her as she laughed as he leaned forward to tickle her making her laugh.

He decided that he couldn't tell what was his favorite thing about her: her eyes, smile or laugh.  If he could do that for the rest of his life he would be a happy man.

*

"Hi chief, mind if I talk to you for a minute?" Alison asked Doctor Webber.

"Sure, let's step into my office.  What do you need Anderson?"

"Well, I would like some time off for this weekend to see my family.  If that's alright?"

She never lied to Chief Webber before.  But she felt like if she said she wanted to go to Canada he might ask more questions and then put the two together.  

"Sure," he uncrossed his arms.  "You have over sixty hours of paid time off available that you haven't used.  Which is something that I wanted to talk to you about actually so I'm glad you came in.  I need you to take more time off.  You've been here at the hospital working your ass off and rarely taking time off.  That doesn't look good for the hospital."