The Shepherd Method

"So I'm guessing Callie's date went good since she didn't text us or anything," Alison cleared her throat.

"Two lesbians dating...hot.  Two lesbians dating and the other one comes back bitching about how bad the date went...not hot," Mark commented and Alison hit his shoulder.

"Be nice Mark," Alison warned him and gave him a pointed look.

"You know you're hot when you get mad at me," he smirked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Is your mind always on sex?" She asked as he pulled her to him.

"Can you blame me?  Your beautiful and when you're carrying my son that makes you even more beautiful," he told her as his hands roamed her body and he leaned down to kiss her as his tongue pushed past her lips, her eyes closing as her hands tugged his hair, making him moan into her mouth.

Alison put her hands on his chest and he was breathing harder with his chest rising and falling rather harsh, and she pushed him away and she walked backward.

"What-" Mark began but she interrupted him.

"What are you waiting for?" Alison asked as she leaned against the wall and her hands were crossed over her bump.

"God I love that woman," Mark commented and followed her into the bedroom.

*

"Alison Marie Anderson," Momma Shepherd chastised her on the phone as she had received a copy of the picture of their latest scan of baby boy.  She also sent a picture of her and Mark with him cradling her stomach and looking down at her lovingly.

"I'm guessing you got them?" Alison sheepishly smiled as Mark was flipping pancakes.  Mark turned around and gave his fiance a smirk as her phone was on speaker.  She was a thirty-one year old woman and while no one really phased her, she was scared about Carolyn's reaction.  Carolyn had known that Alison was dating Mark and knew they were engaged now.  She couldn't wait for their wedding!

"Yes, I did," she began in a stern voice and then it changed to happiness.  "Congratulations you two!  I can't believe Mark is having a baby.  Actually, I take that back, I can," she said which made Alison laugh.

"Hey," Mark whined.  

"Mark honey, I love you, but you don't have the cleanest reputation," Carolyn pointed out which made Alison laugh slightly and she walked over and kissed Mark's cheek.

It was currently six in the morning and while Alison didn't need to be into work this early, Mark did, which was why she was having breakfast earlier.  Besides, as a surgeon herself she was used to waking up at strange hours of the day and night when she had the night shift.

"But that's okay," Carolyn added.  "You've learned from those mistakes and grown up.  I couldn't be prouder and happier for you, Mark and Alison!  I know this baby boy is going to be so loved.  I am RSVP'ing to your baby shower next week."

"Thank you Carolyn," Mark gloated and puffed out his chest slightly which made Alison laugh.

"Sounds great!  We're looking forward to seeing you next week!  We love you."

"Love you both as well," Carolyn told the couple and they hung up.

When she hung up the phone she felt pressure in her uterus followed by what felt like period cramping and she leaned forearms on the table as she took breaths in and out due to her face getting hot.  Mark knew instantly that these were Braxton Hicks contractions as she had started getting them around week twenty-five and they had discussed this with their OB the first time it happened.  He instantly stopped what he was doing and walked beside her as he ran soothing circles on her back as he murmured encouraging words in her ear.  Last visit with her OB, Morgan, she had also said while it can be Braxton Hicks contractions, she said baby boy is getting heavier now.  She recommended buying a belly support band.  Not even a minute after that did Mark buy one for her and she wore it whenever her belly felt uncomfortable.  She had gone shopping in store for some maternity clothes from the brands Seraphine, A Pea in the Pod, HATCH, ASOS Maternity, PinkBlush Maternity and Zara.