61

Percy would have fallen due to the sheer force of Mjolnir being broken if Loki hadn't caught him, shielding both of them with his magic.

"Thanks," Percy said breathlessly, steadying himself just as the force stopped, and Thor, Loki and him looked up to see Hela getting ready for battle, running her hands through her hair to create a black, horned helmet that reminded Percy of the antlers of the extinct giant deer, which he'd seen the skeletons of in the museum when he was younger on a field trip- of course, he ended up accidentally dropping said skeleton on his equally ancient teacher, leading to his inevitable expulsion that year, but that was the least of his concerns now.

Anyway, whilst Thor and Percy readied themselves to fight, Loki panicked. He looked up. "Bring us back!" He yelled.

"NO!" Thor and Percy tried to yell back, but it was too late; the four of them had been enveloped in the magic of the Bifrost. Hela was below them, catching up quickly, so Loki threw two daggers down towards her. It stalled her but not for long, because, immediately, she knocked both Loki and Percy out of the Bifrost. Percy gasped in surprise, too shocked to scream, as he began his descent to Fates-know-where, trying not to think of Tartarus.

*

"Fear not, for you are found."

Percy's eyes snapped open to find himself strapped to a chair that was moving forwards, clunks of metal all around him. He struggled against it.

"You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place."

"How wonderful," Percy muttered to himself, rolling his eyes. He'd be able to get out of this once he figured out where he was.

"But what is this place? The answer is: Sakaar!"

He found himself now in a room of small stars and planets.

"Surrounded by cosmic gateways, Sakaar lives on the edge of known and unknown. It is the collection point of all lost and unloved things. Like you!"

"Thanks for that," Percy sighed.

"But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here, you are loved."

Percy thought he was about to crash into a planet, but he zoomed right through it. A silhouette of a man emerging from a ship appeared.

"And no one loves you more than the Grandmaster. He is the original," the ship behind the silhouette turned into a huge planet. "The first lost and the first found. The creator of Sakaar and father of the contest of champions."

Now there were images of aliens fighting to the death in an arena. Percy shuddered.

"Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Grandmaster."

Oh, gods. Oh, no. Percy knew what this place was. He'd heard about it on his travels looking for Thanos several years before. He'd been warned to stay away, for the ruler- clearly this Grandmaster- was delusional. "Fuck," he muttered. He needed to get off this planet.

"Congratulations! You will meet the grandmaster in five seconds. Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Grandmaster!!"

Suddenly, Percy found himself in a room with several guards at either side of him and three people in front of him. One was a young woman with brown skin, a shade or two lighter than Percy's, black hair tied in a ponytail and odd facepaint patterns on her face. The second was an older woman with yellow armour and odd facepaint, too.

The third raised an eyebrow. He was sat in the middle, on some kind of throne. He had an uncanny resemblance to that one guy from Jurassic Park. The Grandmaster. There was silence for a moment, before he smiled. "Oh, she's perfect. Or is it a he?"