73

"Bruce gave him a sedative," Rhodey said. "He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day."

"You guys take care of him and I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixr when I get back," Carol said before walking away.

"Where are you going?" Natasha asked.

"To kill Thanos," she deadpanned. Steve and Natasha looked at each other before walking after her.

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here," Natasha said. "And, between you and I, morale's a little fragile."

"We realise up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too," Steve told her.

"You even know where he is?" Rhodey asked, looking at her.

She shrugged. "I know people who might."

"Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is," Nebula stood at the door, her arms folded. Percy immediately turned to listen. "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me, and, when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask: 'where would we go once his plan was complete?' His answer was always the same. To the garden."

"That's cute," Rhodey said. "Thanos has a retirement plan."

"So, where is he?" Steve asked.

The talking raccoon, Rocket, spoke next. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it..." he walked over to the table. "Until two days ago," a hologram popped up of a planet with waves coming from the surface. "On this planet."

"Thanos is there," Nebula said with complete certainty.

"He used the stones again," Natasha realised.

"Hey, hey, hey," Bruce said. "We'd be going in short-handed, you know."

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey looked between everyone.

"So let's get him," Carol suggested. "Use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?"

"Yeah," Steve nodded. "Just like that."

Percy thought about that small possibility for a moment. They could bring everyone back. It wasn't certain, but it was definitely worth a shot. Wanda, Paul, Poseidon, Mom, Frank, Hazel. All people that meant worlds to him, gone. But they could come back. He could see them again.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this..." Natasha said. "I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try."

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end differently than it did before?" Bruce asked.

"Because, before, you didn't have me," Carol replied. Percy looked at her incredulously.

"And that changes everything because..?" He asked.

"Hey, new girl," Rhodey said. "Everyone here is about that superhero life. And, if you don't mind my asking, where the Hell have you been all this time?"

"There are a lot of other planets in the Universe," she looked at him. "And, unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."

Thor stood up, walking over to Carol and looking at her as though she was dirt. He held up his hand, and Stormbreaker- his new axe to replace Mjolnir- came flying over to him, missing Carol's head by mere centimetres. Despite this, she didn't even flinch, and began smirking. He paused for a moment, before smiling back.

"I like this one."

"Let's go get this son of a bitch," Steve said.

"Language," Percy looked at him and forced a small smile.