Chapter 24

Jax Anders

It's Wednesday.

Probably the worst fucking day of the week.

I could rant for hours about how much I hate it but I haven't got the energy to. I heave myself out of my bed to get changed for school.

(Outfit at top) I put on a black T-shirt with cargo pants and Air Force 1s. I put on my rings and chains and all that shit and then go downstairs.

I eat a slice of toast before kissing my mom goodbye and ruffling my sisters untamed hair.

I head to the garage and get in my car to go to school. I listen to Bryson Tiller on the way tapping my fingers against the steering wheel every now and then.

Within 10 minutes, I arrive at the shithole I call school and I park in an empty parking space. I get out my car and lock it swinging the keys on my index finger on the way inside.

Walking through the familiar hallways I soon spot Azalea and the twins near one of their lockers.

I walk over to them and sling my arm around Azalea's shoulder making her blush. The exact reaction I wanted.

We spoke for a bit until we heard the bell. I continue walking with Azalea seems as we both have history, my arm still slung lazily over her shoulders.

I didn't miss the evil glances girls gave Azalea through the halls however she seemed clueless to it keeping her head down as usual.

We reach history and we sit down at our table. Azalea gets out her book and pencil case giving me a pen in the process obviously seems as I never bring one.

She knows me too well.

Sir begins his lesson and I lean back in the uncomfortable plastic chair. I only come to this lesson because of the girl sat next to me.

Halfway through the lesson my phone buzzes in my pocket indicating someone is calling me but I ignore it. After a couple more rings I decide to answer it. "What" I say whilst walking out of the lesson.

I hear sir shouting my name but I carry on walking. "I've got a race for you tonight, no excuses for this one, 800 if you win" Ian states with no room for discussion.

"Fine" I say gruffly before ending the phone call. I wait outside history because I didn't want Azalea walking by herself.

The bell rings and soon her pretty face comes into my view. She spots me amongst the crowd and fast walks to me.

"Who c-called you?" She asks curiously but hesitantly not wanting to be intrusive. "Ian, my manager he had a race for me tonight" I say.

She nods in reply and opens her mouth to say something but I beat her to it knowing what she's going to ask.

"Yes you can come as long as you stay with Amelia" she smiles and then gives me a tight hug.

Her hands wrap around my torso her fingers connecting on my back. My arms wrap around her narrow waist and I smile to myself.

A great feeling overtakes me whenever she touches me or speaks to me. I wish I grew the balls to just tell her how I feel but some part of me deep down wishes she would tell me that she liked me first.

She removes her arms from my torso and looks up to me seems as her 5,4 height doesn't match up to my 6,3 height.

"I'll s-see you at lunch" she says before walking away whilst giving me a little wave which results in her walking into someone.