44

"...It is with our most humble apologies that we have chose to decline the invitation to you and your Queen's coronation on the suspicion that you have also extended an invitation to King Talon. On behalf of Lycea, King Sirus and his Queen Esmerelda we congratulate your majesties on your crowning ceremonies and your marriage. The King of Lycea hopes that you will have the chance to visit our glorious country on diplomatic terms and hopefully create an allyship that has not been there under the late King Hrain's rule.

Your ally,
Prince Rowan of Lycea

"Good. The less foreign royalty the better." Having to be kind to people I could care less for took up a lot of energy I did not have. What energy was left would be going to preparing things and of course to my wife.

Alazar glowered at me as he set the letter down and folded his arms over his chest. "You are truly your fathers son."

And he tells me I make unnecessary comments. "I will have to be kind to him anyway, become that idiot kings ally."

"After you have made allies with the vampyr king? You do know he is sniffing around our kingdom in search of oracles and brides?"

Of course I know, I am the one who told him he is allowed to do so. "Yes Uncle, the vampyr king will never find out because I will not tell him..and if he finds out? What will he do? Nothing." The only reason I am not foolish enough to isolate myself from nuisance nations is trade...and now another very important item. "I need something from the Lycea kingdom and if I have to befriend them so be it. I rather kill their idiot king and take over their land but that is unnecessary work."

YES. Kill dog king.

Now Alazar was breathing down my neck, looking at me as if I was insane. "Lochelan?! Have you gone mad? You do not say that aloud. What could you possibly want from the King of the Lycans? You have everything, Loche. Do not begin to be selfish and greedy you know that runs in our blood as it is."

"I was jesting about his death." I suppose I was? I am not sure...I have been undoubtedly a bit more on edge lately...I am a selfish man. That much I know is true. Greedy? I think I have a hold on myself for now... Gaul on the other hand was another story.

"Sure you were. Now what do you want with the lycan king."

Before answering my uncle, I walked over to the door and opened it. No one was in the hallway and I quickly shut the door, locking it. I made my way over to my Uncle watching as he rose his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Estelle has healing powers like her mother. When she uses them she loses her memory."

Protect pretty fae!

Gaul was under the impression that Alazar was going to do something awful with Estelle's secret. Alazar's eyes widened, "I always thought it was her! Spitting image of her mother. I am not surprised...I cannot believe I did not realize it before!" He thought this was something to be excited about? It was not.

"This is not an excited realization. This is a problem that I am trying to remedy. She was petrified when she told me...thinking I would make her stop." I wanted to make her stop permanently, this problem was probably the reason why she did not have her wings. But I did not have the will or desire to upset her even more than she already was last night.

Gaul almost had a fit when I even thought of telling her to permanently stop. He adored Estelle as did I, but I had to be reasonable. Speaking of the behemoth, he has not made his voice known since we did not indulge in Estelle last night.