Chapter 25

Adelyn

"Wow."

I turn around from the mirror. "What?" I question, quickly looking over my outfit. I was wearing a champagne coloured dress, it wraps around with a tie on the front- with long sleeves and reached mid-thigh. I matched it with rose gold heels. 

I had just finished curling my hair, and the final touches on my makeup.

"You look gorgeous."

I blush slightly. "Are you ready to go?" I ask.

"Yes." Ethan smiles.

We arrive at the restaurant and walk inside. "Daniels." I tell the waiter. He leads us towards a table with four seats.

Ethan and I sit beside each other on one side.

"Are you nervous?" I tease squeezing his hand. "Maybe." He replies. "Well he's kind of protective of me- so just be prepared." I explain. "That's not helpful." Ethan sighs.

I laugh and I spot them walking in together.

I stand up and Ethan follows in my lead. "Hi, Mr and Mrs Daniels!" I tease pulling Lily into a hug.

She laughs as I pull away and hug my brother. Nathan smiles as I pull away.

"You both know- Ethan." I say awkwardly.

Ethan puts his hand out to shake Nathan's hand. "Congratulations on the wedding by the way." He smiles. "Thanks man." Nathan replies shaking his hand.

"You don't have to be nervous, it's just Nate." Lily chuckles shaking his hand also.

Ethan chuckles before we take our seats. Lily sits across from me.

"How was the honeymoon?" I ask Lily and Nathan. "Hawaii was great, but we're here to talk about you two- not us." Lily says.

"Right." I say looking over at Ethan. "Before we get grilled on our relationship, I really want to say sorry about how it went down at the wedding. I wanted that day to be all about you two, I feel so terrible that it happened that way-"

"Adelyn, you don't have to feel terrible. Ok? We're more sorry for you that it happened like that, it doesn't matter to us." Nathan explains and Lillian nods.

"It just shouldn't have happened that way." Ethan adds. I nod agreeing.

"We just want to know, if you're together." Nate chuckles. "That's true." Lily laughs.

Ethan and I laugh. I look over at him. "Well, we're suppose to be taking it slow. But yes."

"Aww!" Lily exclaims.

"What's going on with Isabelle?" Nate asks getting straight to the point.

"I haven't heard from her. I sent her a text a few days ago but I don't want to swarm her." I explain.

It doesn't take much for the conversation to break off about Ethan and I, or Isabelle, before Nate and Ethan are bonding about cars and sports or whatever they're talking about.

"How have you been doing with everything?" Lily asks.

"Honestly, I've been feeling really good. I go on a run everyday, I haven't really thought too much about Isabelle. I feel horrible that I hurt her, but in the end I don't think we were suppose to be best friends. I know it sounds stupid, but that's how I feel."

//

"Hey Ads." Ethan whispers.

"Mhm?" I mumble not wanting to open my eyes.

Ethan chuckles. "Can you wake up? I have to talk to you." I sigh and open my eyes. I sit up and roll over to face him. He's sitting on top of the blankets, clearly he's been on a run.

He doesn't have a shirt on and his body is glistening. Hot.

"Are you done checking me out?" He laughs. "Uh yeah." I agree and look up at him.

I sit up and he scoots closer to me. "I'm not trying to pressure you, but I just got off the phone with my Dad and his flying in from New York. He wanted to meet up for lunch at home but I can go by myself if you don't want to join." He explains tucking my hair out of my face.

I think for a second before I reply. "I think it'd be good to see him, it might be hard for a start but- I think it will be good."

Ethan smiles small pecking my lips. "I love you."

"I love you." I smile. "Plus we've already been back together for over a month now." I add.

Ethan nods. "Well get ready because it's almost eleven."

"Fuck." I mutter before jumping out of bed.

//

"Is this respectable enough?" I ask anxiously.

I was just wearing a summer dress. It was a lilac colour and was really pretty, but is it respectable enough?

"He doesn't care what you're wearing, Ads." Ethan chuckles kissing my hand as he turns the corner. I nod my head agreeing and take a deep breath.

I close my eyes for a second as Ethan parks the car in the driveway. He turns off the car and looks over at me. I open my eyes and give him a small smile.

"Let's go." I say and we get out of the car.

Ethan and I meet at the front of the car where he intertwines our hands. He gives me a smile before walking up the path to the front door.

He opens the door and walks inside.

"Dad? Sadie?" Ethan calls.

Ethan's dad, Mark, walks into the entry way from the kitchen.

He looks from Ethan to me.

"Adelyn, it's really good to see you." Mark says. I nod my head. "It's good to see you too."

"Come on! Let's go into the dining room! I have food everywhere for us!" Mark exclaims.

Ethan and I follow him, Sadie is already sitting around eating. "Sorry, I was hungry." She explains.

"Hi Sadie." I laugh and take a seat.

"Hey Adelyn." Sadie says. "Are you excited for graduation?" I ask. "I always thought it would be so exciting but it's actually really sad." Sadie explains. I nod agreeing. "I was the same."

//

Lunch was really good, but after Sadie had to leave to get her hair done it was time for the conversation to get deep. Now, we're sitting in the living room.

"Mr Orlando,-" I start.

"Mark." He corrects.

I nod my head and swallow the lump in my throat. "I never got to thank you. Without you, or Ethan, I don't know how much longer- I would have been living that life, or if I'd still even be here."

Mark nods slightly. "I'm so, so sorry that was happening to you, Adelyn."

"I'm sorry we didn't get to speak in the hospital. I heard your argument with my Mom." I add.

"Oh." Mark says. "I didn't realise you heard that."

Ethan looks over at me.

"No one did." I say honestly. "My Mom, I don't blame her for what happened- but she thinks I do. We've never spoken about what happened or what my thoughts were on it."

"I said somethings in that moment that I should not have said. I should have known that your Mom was only getting heated because she was so worried about you." Mark replies.

I nod my head slightly.

"I'm really happy for you that you stayed strong and go through it. The life you've built for yourself- it's amazing." Mark explains.