Chapter 12 Surprise Guest

Adrien's text

    Marinette I wish to see you again soon.        

    Marinette's text

    I can not return.

   It is not that I do not want to, it is just I cannot.

   Adrien's text

  I know.

  I  love you!

   Marinette's text

   I care for you too.

    Marinette thinks great why did not you say, I love you too, Adrien? She feels so silly about the entire thing. She has not the slightest idea why she always hesitates in saying it back to him.

  ...with Adrien...

     Adrien checks to make sure he has his passport. Check.  Then, makes sure he has his toothbrush, deodorant, clothes, etc. all ready to take with him. Check.

      He heads out the door and leaves a note so his folks will not worry. Not that it matters anyway as he is old enough to fly by himself.  He drives to the airport in silence.

      Once there, he goes inside with his few belongings and hands the lady at his gate his ticket.

       She smiles, looks it over, and stamps it. She hands it back to him.

      Adrien takes a seat to await the take-off of the plane. He hopes his arrival will be a pleasant surprise when he gets to his destination. Well, he will find out soon enough. He buys some crackers and a Gatorade from an airplane shop.  He sits back down to enjoy his snack.

      He frowns when he sees the latest text Marinette sent him.  Fondness is not the same as love, he thinks. He sure hopes that she will be able to tell him what he longs to hear when he sees her.

      "Who am I kidding? She could not tell me before, why should expect more from her this time?"

        He buys a cute pair of earrings from an airport gift shop and places them inside his backpack.  He intends to give them to Marinette as a small gift. It is the least he can do under the circumstances.

      He sighs as it dawns on him that he will need a job when he gets to Paris since he can not plan to marry someone without a job. He blushes at the thought of being hers long enough to pop the question.

         ...in Paris...

   Marinette sighs. She feels silly that she can not just tell him the truth.

     Well, if I ever see him face to face again perhaps I will then.

          "Who am I kidding? Like that will ever happen."

         She is glad Alya went home.  She feels today is special though she is not sure why when it is as dull as ever.  Maybe it is because at least she and Adrien are on speaking terms again. Yes, that must be it.

       ....with Adrien again ...

     A few hours went by fast.  Adrien boards the plane soon after his suitcase is stored below the plane. He has his backpack and a small duffel bag with him. The duffel bag is stowed in the compartment above him and his backpack goes right under the seat in front of him.

   He writes in his journal, rests, and the plane takes off.

     He misses the scenery as the plane soars far past his home and the place he knows well.

       So many hours later, the plane lands at its destination.  Adrien wakes up to hear the piolet and the stewardess announce, we have arrived at Paris International Airport. Welcome to Paris, France!

       Adrien gets off the plane, collects his suitcase from baggage claim, then heads outside with his items, and calls for a taxi. The taxi takes him to a nice hotel. He checks in and takes his bags to his room. He closes the door, locks it, and takes a shower. He dries off and puts on some fresh clothes.

        He orders a pizza. It arrives within minutes. The delivery boy gets a nice tip. 

       He enjoys the food.  Later, he puts on his pajamas. Now, as he brushes his teeth he wonders what Marinette is up to now.

      He makes sure his phone gets put on its charger and the charger plugged in immediately since his cell phone is rather low on battery.

        ....Paris, France...

       Marinette has not any idea about the visitor that plans to come to see her the next day.

       She sure is in for a big surprise. 

     The next day, Marinette gets up, gets dressed, brushes her hair, puts on deodorant, and eats breakfast. She brushes her teeth to get rid of her morning bad breath from the eggs and toast.  

     She heads to the park and bumps into someone. 

     "Sorry, I was not watching.  Whoa, you are?"

     "Hi, Marinette!  Easy there, I got you!"  Adrien says as he catches her to keep her from falling.

       "A-Adrien Agreste, you are here!"

      "Yes, so it seems I am at that Marinette."

      "I am so surprised."

     "It is a good surprise then, I take it?"

    "Good surprise, nothing!  It is the best surprise ever!"

        Marinette hugs him, and to his greater surprise kisses him.  Adrien returns the kiss glad to have gotten one from her at last.

      "Does this mean what I think it does?"

     "Oh, that depends."

    "Depends on what?"

"What do you think it means, boy?"

   "Oh, I think it means my lovely girlfriend, loves me!  Am I right?"

     "Adrien Agreste, I meant to tell you this sooner.  I am sorry that I did not.  Well, I love you too!"

    Adrien was so happy to hear her say the words, I love you too!  He is taken aback by sheer astonishment. He hugs and kisses her.

   Marinette smiles up at him and him up at her.

     Neither of them saw someone take their photo. 

   Find out more when the story continues in Chapter 13

  until then,

  bye-bye, little owlets!

-Summer out!