Chapter 15 Finding the Ring

Adrien smiles at his lady. He has no idea where to find the ring or how to buy it without her seeing it.  He decides he will have to ask Alix later. 

    "Marinette that was some swim," He says.

    "Yeah, it sure was," Marinette says. 

     Marinette and Adrien kiss. 

  She pulls away, goes inside the house, and Adrien follows her. He enters the room he was in previously to dry off and put his dry clothes on. Marinette enters her room, dries off, and changes into the outfit, she wore before the swim.

           Now Adrienette eats some grilled cheese sandwiches and cookies.

             The doorbell rings, Marinette says, "Sorry, Adrien I better go see who is at the door."

    Marinette looks out the peephole. She sees Alix standing there. She thinks Alix's date must have gone badly. She opens the door to let her inside.

   "Alix, I take it the date was a bust," Marinette says.

    "Yes, but how did you know?" Alix ask.

    "Well, it is only a little after 7 pm, so that is a sign it was awful, I am sorry," Marinette replies. She hugs her roommate.

       Adrien comes to see who Marinette is talking to and sees Alix. 

    "Thanks, Marinette. I take it your date is going well," Alix remarks. She wipes a few tears away.

        "Alix, I know the time is probably bad, but may I talk to you, in private?" Adrien ask.

      "Yes, sure, ask away," Alix answers. 

   Marinette goes to her room. She listens to music but wonders what Adrien has to say to Alix.

   Adrien asks Alix, "I was thinking about buying a ring for Marinette. I'm unsure how to pick it out, her size, or where to purchase one."

      "Oh, that is sweet Adrien. I take it you want to ask Marinette to marry you," Alix says. She is glad to have something to take her mind off her failed date.

          "Yes, and I want to be sure it is, the right one for her. I feel nervous about it. I am unsure if it is the best time to ask or not. I want to find the ring anyway."

         "Well, I suggest you find her one in the shape of a princess crown, and she will love it. Also, my friend's Boutique, 'Mylene's Jewelry, and More.' It is the best."  Alix tells him.

     "Wow, thanks for your help, Alix," Adrien says.

    "Sure anytime, I aim to please. Oh, and when did you plan to buy it?" Alix asks.

    "As soon as I can, possibly tomorrow. Could you find some way to distract her so she won't know?" Adrien inquiries.

    "  I  will find something. Oh,  I can order a special meal for your date or book a table for two at 'Wang's Chinese Restaurant,' it has the best soups and dishes," Alix remarks.

      "Wow, thanks," Adrien grins. He hugs her, but it is a friendly hug. He goes back to the living room.

   Marinette saw Adrien come out of Alix's room. She sighs.  What did Adrien want with Alix? Could it be he was having second thoughts?

     "Hi, Mari, I hope you didn't have to wait too long," He says.