Chapter 7 Birthday Wish

Adrien finishes the dance a few minutes later. Now, he smiles as he blows out his candles and makes a special birthday wish.  He sure hopes it comes true someday.

        Now, Adrien smiles as his father slices the cake. He eats a huge piece.

       Marinette has a smaller slice.

    Aurore eats a medium piece.

      Gabriel eats none since he is on a diet. Emilie eats half a piece.

         Once everyone finishes with the cake, Adrien opens his gifts.

          The first one is from his parents. It is a new coffee mug and a nice new set of ties.

         Then, he opens the bag with his sister's gift in it.  He sees a gift card to his favorite restaurant and a pair of socks.

        "Wow, thanks, the gifts are great."

          "Here, Adrien, open Marinette's gift now."

           Adrien looks at the neat wrapping paper. He thinks did she wrap it herself?

          He ripes it open and sees a handmade black, and green two-toned sweater.  He can not wait to try it on even though he can tell there are other items wrapped in a smaller package.

          He pulls the sweater over his head.

       "Adrien, that looks nice on you."

        "It is so neat how it has the green paw print next to a black cat on it."

        "It fits you better than the one grandma gave you last year,"  Aurore commits.

         "Glad, you like it. I made it."

          "Made it?  As in knitted, crocheted, or sewed?" Adrien responds with a question.

           "Yes, I sewed it just for you.  I did not know your exact size, so I guess."

              "Wow, it suits you so well!"

              "Th-Thanks, M-Marinette!" Adrien hugs his girlfriend.

                Emilie smiles. She takes a few photos of Adrienette. Then, some with Aurore and Adrienette, of her and Gabriel with Adrienette.  Some with all of them together, and more with just   Adrienette. Oh, and she took some earlier as well.

                "Adrien, do not be shy kiss her!"  His sister cheers.

               Marinette blushes. Adrien does the same.

               "Haha, you are both beet red!"

                Adrien leans over and kisses Marinette's cheek.  Emile smiles and takes another photo. She thinks awe those two are so lovely.  Just like Gabriel and I are.

                "So, Adrien, mind sharing what your birthday wish was about, dear brother?"

              Adrien rolls his eyes. He wonders why she asks such a thing.

              Marinette grins. "He does not want to say.  It might not come true if he shares it with us."

              "She is right, you know."

                "Oh, in that case, it shall remain a secret."

                  Adrien's hand fists bump Marinette's hand. He is not sure what made her react the way she did when he sees her face turn bright red once again. 

             Find out more in Chapter 8

            bye,bye little owlets!

    Summer out!