Prologue

-
_

The first thing that came to my conscious mind was the excruciating pain in my head. Shit, it feels like someone hit a rock at me. Damn.

Wait...

Pain? Wasn't I suppose to be dead? Maybe I'm in hell, maybe that's why my head hurts like crap but why hell though? Did I not pay my bill for the electricity? Don't be ridiculous (Y/n), why would you go to hell for not paying the bills?

Looking around, it is as if I'm in a massive, empty dark space with no hope for, well, nothing. My breath becomes hitched, as my hear my heartbeat pounding loud through my hearing senses. Looking at my hands to make sure I'm not dead, to my utter shock, it was glowing. What the fu- Ow!

Something hit my head, rubbing at the sore spot, I look down at the object that is on the ground. I pick it up to see what looked like a scroll. ' Well done random scroll! You just added more pain to my headache' I think while taking a good look at the scroll ' For a scroll, you're sure are heavy'

I open it up, only to see some vintage looking texts slowly emerging on the old paper. Its says the following:

_
Dear soul # xxx729xxx893xxx18,

It is within my deepest regrets as to inform you of such disastrous news. It seems that you have died, though you may not remember a single event. I, Douxie the God of life and death, your guardian, will be waiting for you at the midway's gates #359, at around 3:59. We will then be proceeding onto the matter of residency in either heaven, hell or the in-between, where you may choose to stay on earth or live along in the false one. Again, I dearly apologize, for both your unforeseen death and due to my busy hands. Though I'm not allowed to give away your exact time of death, it seems the heavens have made an error.

_

I stayed silent for a moment trying to process the thing I just read.

Holy cow!

I'm dead?

But here it says I don't remember my death but I do! Long story short, I was hit by Car-kun, my stomach was empty after a long day at work and gluttony went the best of me. I crossed the road whilst the lights were red and then... I'm here and shocking to think I'm actually... well... dead and I'm here.

Atleast I'm not a part of 'Dumb ways to die'

Suddenly, a giant, elegant looking gate appeared before my eyes. My eyes widen in awe, 'Gate number 359' I look at the latter to make sure. ' Well that was easy-peasy' Believe me, being calm and nervous at the same is all I can do for now.

The giant gates slowly creaked open. I stepped inside only to be blinded by the bright light.

" Come closer, my child"

Flinching at the mysterious voice, I look around for the source.

As I squint my eyes for a better look and like a flash, I am now standing in front of the very person that called me.

I couldn't believe my eyes. The environment around me changed into what looks like a clear blue sky with little white clouds. Upon closer inspection, I see jellyfishes swimming/flying in the sky. Staring with disbelief, I start to feel something tingling on my feet. Yelping, I look down. The ground transformed into a field of grass and upon closer look, small four-leaf clovers could be seen, everywhere.

What startled me the most was the fact that there is a man sitting comfortably on a sofa that looks like a throne. 'Sofa-throne' or 'throne-sofa' perhaps?