3

_

" Eeeehhhh?!" Luffy's expression changed from curiosity to slight shock "But grandad, I don't have a sister! Heck, I never knew that I had a sister" Luffy explained enthusiastically.

"We're not related by blood but we're technically sharing the same name. So, that makes us siblings, Luffy" I explain with a big smile. To my surprise, I expected him to protest or ask me or Garp millions of questions but he didn't. Instead, he approached me and said the infamous words:

" My name's Monkey D. Luffy and I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!" Pulling his hand out, " Let's be friends" Luffy declared proudly before receiving a punch on the noggin. My eyes went wide like saucers in a comical manner and winced at the sight. I mean, in my previous life, such action could have caused a head concussion or worse but this is One Piece we're talking about. I'm fascinated by the fact that Luffy has survived until another big bump appeared on his head. I instinctively approached him and gently massaged the area around the bump to lessen the pain on his head.

" ITAII!" Luffy cried out before hugging me by the arm, pouting at Garp for punching him. " What the heck, grandpa? That hurt!" Luffy yelled at Garp.

" How many times do I have to repeat myself?! Stop with the becoming a pirate crap. You're going to grow up to be a marine! Marine." the last word was pronounced loud and clear. To be honest, it's funny how Garp was in his 'You-are-not-becoming-a-pirate' mode. My small hand still stroked Luffy's head and seems it worked, he stopped shaking from the pain.

" Does your head feel better Luffy?" I ask Luffy with a gentle tone, he slightly nodded.

" Thanks, (Y/n)," he said with a giant smile. " Your hands are like magic, my head stopped hurting!" He explained with enthusiasm.

Awwww~

Then Luffy stick his tongue out at Garp and again, " I want to be a pirate and that the end of the road!" Luffy shouted.

" I think you meant, 'End of the line', Luffy" I explain

"Yeah, like that"

Garp kneeled, his dark expression darkening even more. I shuddered at the scene. I know I'll survive but Luffy...? I think I need to save him

" Yo Luffy, if you want to stay alive, I propose the idea of NOT mentioning about being a pirate for the time being when grandpa's around" I whisper to the raven boy but I guess he threw that solution out to the window

" (Y/n), join my crew and let's make friends with Ace!" Luffy happily proclaimed, as if he solved a solution to his problem.

" Who's Ace?"

" Our new nakama. Well... he will be once I make him my friend"

" Yeah... sure Luffy" uncertainty present in my tone. I'm just happy if Luffy is happy. He's a ray of sunshine after all

I failed to notice Garp staring at us smiling at the scene that unfolded before his eyes. Happy by the fact that his grandchildren getting along quickly. Luffy and I yelp as Garp lifted us both, placing our butts on his broad shoulders. ' I wonder how many doughnuts he can place on his shoulders'

"Good. You both getting along," Garp smiled wide, his toothy grin shown. He continues walking with us on his shoulders. The sun was setting, bright-yellow and orange beautifully merging. I was mesmerised at the sight before me. It's been a long since she had seen such display in front of her emerald eyes, being busy with work and stuff.