Part 11

I Jolted up scared. I realized I was in the RV and we were stopped on the highway. I didn't even know how long it had been since the C.D.C.

How did we make it out? Where are we? How long has it been? Where's Daryl? So many questions raced through my head. Before I could even think about getting up Daryl came into the RV.

"Y/n? Oh, thank god." He sighed relieved as he hugged me.

"Daryl...?" It came out as a hoarse whisper.

"I'm here.."

"What happened.?"

Daryl proceeded to tell me everything that happened. About how I passed out after the doors closed. And Jacqui stayed at the C.D.C, and everything in between. Now we were just trying to find somewhere to stay. I walked outside to see everyone scavenging for supplies.

"Oh jeez. Aw no." Dale sighed messing with the RV.

"See a way through?" Glenn asked.

Uh, maybe we should just go back."

"There's an interstate bypass-- We can't spare the fuel."

"Jeez." They greeted me in small smiles and waves at the fact that I was up.

"I said it. Didn't I say it?" Glenn said.

"A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Rick asked. 

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of--"

"Okay, that was dumb. If you can't find a radiator hose here... There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find. I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start. Maybe some water. Or food." Shane said.

"This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this." Dale said wearily.

"All right, all right, here we go."

 "Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can." T said.

I walked to carol who was with Carl and Sophia, we walked passed a body with flies on it. "Come one guys don't look." I said leading them past it quickly.

"Ed never let me wear nice things like this."  Carol said sadly.

"Well it's a shame no one cares what he wanted then." I responded squeezing her shoulder.

"We're gonna need clothes." Lori responded.

"Hey, Carl. Always within our sight, okay? You too, Sophia." I said.

 "It's all good." 

"Okay. All right."

"Oh christ...." I hear Daryl say.

"Lori under the cars now!" Rick whisper yelled at us.

"Carl, Sophia, get down now." Lori said.

"Carl and Sophia." Carol said.

 "Sophia. Shh shh. Get under." I whispered and she crawled under next to me. I help her tightly as the walkers began moaning, walking past us. Sophia started screaming. I covered he mouth with my hand and killed the walker that was grabbing her leg, but she was to scared, she slipped out from my grasp and ran into the woods.

"The walkers they went after my baby." Carol sobbed after they passed through.

I couldn't take it I sprinted into the woods determined to find her. Rick followed close behind. I saw two walkers chasing after her. I silently crept up to them and put them down. I picked Sophia up and ran to a little grove and tucked her in a corner. Rick followed close behind.

"Sophia.. hey hey?" Rick shushed her.

"Sophia hey, I need you to stay here and don't make any noise. Rick and I need to draw them away. When you can't hear us walk back to the highway. Be quiet okay... Can you do that for me honey?"

"I'm scared." She responded shaking.

"I know I know. Just think of it as hid and seek tag. Okay? The highway is the next hiding spot and you have to be quiet so you don't get tagged on your way there okay?" I tried to calm her.

"o-okay." She responded.

"Keep the sun on your left shoulder." Rick told her.

And with that we spinted off making as much noise as possible to draw the other four walkers away. Once they were a safe distance away from Sophia rick and I killed them. We headed back to her hiding spot but she wasn't there.

"No no no no no no."

"Hey hey hey. She might already be back at the highway." Rick tried to calm me down.

"Fine." Without another word I sprinted back to the highway in hopes that she was there.

"Where is she?" carol asked .

"She's not back?" Rick responded.

I couldn't even talk. no no no. not her. shes a kid. no.

Without another word I stormed back off into the forest. I don't even think I was looking for her at that point. I grabbed out my machete and started slashing at anything near me. I couldn't take it I slashed and slashed at anything. Walkers, trees, bushes. Anything remotely near me. A few minuets later Daryl stumbled onto me still slashing away

A/n

Poor sophia.... sorry for the short chapter I'm not feeling super motivated but I wanted to get something out for you.

also. 100 READS ARE YOU KIDDING ILYSM <3

word count 794

~Shy