♜ XI ♜

"When are they coming out?" I ask Opal as we stand around the garden with Beast's stature

"Now, apparently," Opal says. We clap as we see Ben and Mal come out and walk through the garden, saying hi and shaking people's hands.

Someone rubs my shoulders and I turn to look at them. My mother smiles down at me. "I'll be over by Mama Odie," she says before leaving us.

She had come back the night of the Cotillion, and we spent the whole night talking. Mostly me telling her all about the Hatter and the others. She already knew I went to the Isle, but I have yet to tell her about me being kidnapped. She knows there's more to the story, but she has yet to pry.

Mal and Ben stop on the platform and wave to everyone. After the band stops playing, Fairy Godmother speaks into the microphone. "Bibbity-bobbity, one, two, one, two," she says. "Can everybody hear me?"

Everyone cheers in response. "Ben," Fairy Godmother says, handing Ben the microphone.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother," Ben says. He laughs as some people cheer. "What's up Auradon?" People cheer even more. "Thank you! Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon."

"Not like we had a choice," I hear Queen Leah mumble.

"I would like to pour very hot tea on her," I say to Opal. "But I believe that would be a disrespect to tea."

"It worked out pretty well for the first four," Ben continues.

"Yeah, especially for you!" Chad Charming says loudly.

"Zip it, Charming!" I shouts, going to take a step towards him. Opal chuckles and grabs my arm.

Ben takes Mal's hand. "Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention, I'm in love with you?" Doug starts playing a song on his guitar and Mal chuckles as Ben starts singing. "I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now look at what you've done, you've got me down on my knee."

When Mal looks over to our group and smiles, Ben gets down on his knee. Carlos grabs the mic from Ben as he grabs out a ring box and opens it. Mal gasps.

"Mal, it's you and me," Ben says. "It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"

"No!" Audrey shouts and Mal nods and says, "Yes."

Opal and I start cheering with the others, squeezing each other in tight hugs. Carlos chest bumps Beast, and his eyes go wide, "I am so sorry," he keeps repeating as Beast says, "It's okay."

Jay grabs me from Opal and picks me up, spinning me around in circles. We all start laughing when I jump onto Lonnie and hug her tightly. Ben gets into the boy's huddle as Mal runs over to us asking how much we knew when we hug her.