♜ XIV ♜

Ben stops and crouches behind a tree, putting his finger to his lips. We all follow after him, quiet as a mouse, stopping behind things every now and then until we get the gate of the cottage.

Ben opens the gate and we all stand and wait. I grip Harry's hand subconsciously, looking around for a sign of anyone or anything.

When we get to the door, Ben opens it quickly. We all come in quickly behind him, ready to fight Audrey. Jay runs upstairs when we all file into the empty room. "She's not upstairs," Jay says when he comes back downstairs.

"Is she in the pantry?" I ask, pointing to the pantry door with a lock on it. Not even two seconds after I ask, someone start banging on the door.

Ben gives us all a 'hold on' look before going over to the door. He looks into the window and moves the wood blocking it before he opens the door to reveals a very scared Chad Charming. Chad rocks back and forth with his knees to his chest, "I want my mommy."

Ben bends down to help him up, but Chad backs away. "No!" he says, looking at Ben's hand cautiously.

"It's okay," Ben reassures, helping him up and out of the pantry. "What happened, buddy?"

Chad leans forward and looks around at us. "Ben. Ben!" he gasps, getting close to Ben's face. "Your face."

"Oh-kay," Ben says, leaning away from him.

Chad looks at me before grabbing my face in is hands. He moves my head around, looking me over. "Oh, Aris, you lunatic. It's really you. Aris! Aris, oh my."

I furrow my brows. "What a curious attitude."

"Hey, hands off, lad," Harry says, pointing at Chad. Chad looks at him with wide eyes, stumbling away from me.

Chad almost falls onto the ground before he stumbles up and looks at the door. "She's gone? Huh? The door is open. The door is open! I'm free. Freedom!" he screams, running out the door. "Oh!"

Harry points at the open door with his hook. "Uma, can I hook him?"

"Go right ahead," Uma says, shrugging.

Ben sighs and start walking out the door. "Let's go." Everyone follows him out as Harry closes the door before grabbing my hand and walking outside with me.

"Ooh," Uma sighs. "Okay, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already." Mal laughs. "What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?"

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up," Ben says.

"Actually," Evie says, "Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over."

I nudge Harry and we smile at each other.

"Mal?" Ben asks.

"I have to tell you guys something," Mal says, stopping us all. She turns to us. "Um," she sighs, "I lied to you."

"Pardon?" I ask quietly, tilting my head.

"The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

"What do you mean?" Jay asks.

"The program is shut down," Mal says. "And the barrier...will be closed for good."

Harry releases my hand and takes off his hook, making a grunting noise. Yet I am in so much shock to even notice it.

"For Auradon's safety," Ben finishes.

"Hold up," Uma says, walking towards Mal. "So, we're saving your precious people and your asses for a lie?" When Mal doesn't say anything, Uma goes on. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."