Chapter two

The first time I heard the piano was more than twelve years ago.A beautiful sound, one that I never heard flooded the main room of my grandmother's house. It was the sound of icicles and little bells mixed into one wonderful combination.I felt the wave of sadness slowly and spread throughout my veins and body. The magic of the sound drew my curiosity and I slowly advanced toward the heavy looking door. I pushed opened the door with a slight creak of its hinges and peeked in. A woman dressed in a flowing white - blue dress was seated on a stool, leaning over a big black box of some kind from which the sweet and sad sound emitted. The box was like an elegant beast, sent to live by the women's slender fingers. Keys of ivory white and smaller keys of charcoal black decorated the magical box. Smooth brown wood curled delicately underneath the keys in which the girl's fingers were dancing over. I was awed at the scene in front of me.

The woman who played the sweet tune had the same brown hair as I.

No other then my mother sat there.Looking lost in the music. Not noticing me at all.

A few minutes later the music stopped. My mother raised her head and looked at me.Her light brown eyes looking at me as a light smile started to play one her lips.

That was one of the times when I missed the trembling of the keys as I pressed them. The time when I had no care in the world, when everything was good and.....

 " Heaven?!" I heard my father ask.

"Heaven, sweedy you spaced out again."

My eyes flicked to his crystal blue ones. I always felt disappointed that I didn't have my father's blue eyes but more greenish ones.

"Sorry, dad.I was just thinking." I said turning to the mirror. I took my black tie from my wrist so I could braid my blonde hair.It got really long for my taste. Normally I would have cut it short.But lately, I had no interest in it.So it went past my shoulders.

"You know, I really wish you didn't dye it." He said " I loved your brown hair.It was the same as your mother's." His voice got quieter as he finished the sentence.

For the last two month, it has been the same sentence. He just can't except that I don't look like my mother that much now. People always told me that I was a spitting image of her. Well not anymore.

 "Yeah?Well, I wanted to change and my brown hair was boring." I told him " Anyway when does the moving truck coming?"

 He was looking at me for a few second and replayed " In ten minutes.Did you pack everything?"

"Yes, I have don't worry," I said feeling slightly annoyed.

He hadn't told me about the move till last week. He just came home and told me that we are moving back to Seattle. I liked to live in LA, but it was his call, not mine.

"But I still don't understand why do we have to move.It's the middle of October the school year has already begun."

"We are moving because I think it's the best thing to do."He casually said.

"What do you mean it's the best thing to do? For who?" I said raising my voice "I like it here."

He just sighed and said " Don't raise your voice at me. In the last the last two years you didn't make one friend. You close yourself inside of your room and didn't even thought of going to school or coming out."