12- aftermath

What's better, fast-paced romance or slow burn?

btw the first episode of MHA s7 came out today🙏
-

Aizawa looked like a mummy.

You were in Aizawa's room. He was out like a light, laying peacefully with the sounds of his heart monitor repeatedly beeping in the background. His chest was rising up and down rather slowly, you wish he was conscious.

"You should go home and get some rest." You looked at the door where Midnight leaned against the frame. "I'll call if he wakes up."

You blinked away your tears and nodded.

"Don't worry." Midnight placed a gentle hand on your head. "I heard what you did out there. If you're blaming yourself for anything at all, don't. You did everything you could and no one was fatally injured. I'm so proud."

"B-But Aizawa—"

"He's going to be fine. Now go home, okay,"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right." You bent down to get your bag that held your costume. You were wearing a large shirt and comfy sweats with slides that the hospital had provided for you. "But if anything happens—"

"I'll call you right away." She finished.

-

When you got home you immediately dialed for pizza. Seven boxes and some dessert should suffice for the night. All that fighting and crying made you hungry.

You hadn't spoken to Bakugo since you went to the hospital to visit to visit Aizawa. For now, you were going to focus on becoming stronger to protect Aizawa and your classmates, so an event like this never happens again.

Trying to distract yourself while you waited for the food, you grabbed the remote and went to Netflix. "What should I watch?" You asked yourself scrolling through various shows and movies. Being on earth was an opportunity to watch different films, but the problem was there was a lot of options to choose from and so little time, Aizawa even had to take the remote away once because you wouldn't sleep. "Oh this looks good."

Ding Dong

"Well that was quick." You grabbed Aizawa's wallet and made your way to the door ready to pay for all the pizza.

"Bakugo?" You held the door open looking confused, "Can I help you?" He stood on the porch wearing a black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, he looked so soft and casual.

"(Y/N)...", he spoke softly, the opposite of how he usually was. "I was just on a run and-never mind I'm leaving." He quickly turned around, but before he could walk off, you grabbed his shoulder. "Ow!" The blonde yelped. "Crap, you'll break my shoulder alien girl, what the hell?"

"Don't run off so quickly, you came here for a reason, no?" You were still holding onto his shoulder, waiting for a response.

"You're all alone and Mr. Aizawa is in the hospital." Bakugo said, avoiding eye contact with his hands in his pockets.

"Being alone doesn't bother me." You shrugged.

"Maybe under different circumstances, but I was..." He drifted off.

"...checking up on me?" You punched his shoulder lightly. "Don't worry about me."

"I WASN'T!"

"Whatever you say, but I'm fine." You nodded reassuringly.

Bakugo gritted his teeth, "Just to be clear, I was in the neighborhood, not here specifically for you."

"Okay." You said.

"I wasn't checking up on you!" Bakugo exclaimed, storming off.

"See you soon!" You waved goodbye, hearing him say "fuck off" in the distance.

-

Mina was drawing on your hand with her new gel pens, more chatty than usual. Talking to you about other ideas of a hero costume for yourself.

You wondered if this was her way of keeping Aizawa's condition off your mind, a way to keep you distracted. Which is funny considering you didn't go through half of what the class did. So you let her draw on your hands, no matter how messy it was.

"Nah, I think I'll keep my own clothes." You replied to Mina.

"What about some new boots?" She asked.

You laughed, "I'll think about it."

It's been two days since the attack. Even though class 1-A was attacked by villains and the entire school and town was talking about it, classes resumed as normal.

The students were chatting amongst themselves, waiting for a new teacher to walk through the large wooden door. Looking towards it as the class start time got closer.

It wasn't until the doors' handle started to rattle, and the wooden door creaked open, that the students immediately went quiet.

In came...Aizawa?

The class started bombarding him with questions, left and right.

You stared in disbelief, is he crazy?

You pushed your chair out and walked over to him. Before you could reach him, Aizawa yelled, "EVERYONE QUIET!" You froze and hurried back to your seat.

Aizawa explained that he was okay thanks to Recovery Girl's care and that there was no need to worry about his state of condition.

-

You stayed behind when the lunch bell rang, hoping to talk to Aizawa.

Once the class emptied you asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." Aizawa said nonchalantly, "Did you have trouble being at home by yourself?"

"Nah, everything was good-OH!" You abruptly stopped to grab something from your backpack. "Here's your wallet!"

"(Y/N)..."

"Yes?"

"My wallet is empty." Aizawa sighed.

"What matters is that we're all okay!" You gave him a thumbs up and left the room.

-

"Where's (Y/N)?" Kirishima asked the table.

"She stayed behind to speak with Mr. Aizawa!" Mina answered.

Bakugo listened in on the conversation with his arms crossed.

"Man, Mr. Aizawa is one tough teacher! I can't believe he was back in only two days after all that fighting!" Kaminari said biting into his food.

"Yeah," Mina nodded, "and poor (Y/N)! I was getting worried for her, she's a foster alien who's freakishly strong, but she wouldn't get out of bed this morning because she was feeling down about Mr. Aizawa!"

"You slept over at her place?" A voice chipped in.

Mina's screaming caught the attention of other students. "Mineta?"

The purple boy ran in fear after seeing Bakugo growl at him.

Bakugo watched the short boy run away. "I'm out of here." The blonde grabbed his bag.

"Gonna go look for (Y/N)?" Kirishima laughed.

"MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS DUMBASS!"