5 - Downhill

"Hey beautful," I greet when her beautiful face finally shows on camera

She'd had the camera off, claiming she was ugly today. But I know she could never, she's always so pristine about her appearance. But making things harder is an Abby thing and I know how to work my way around it.

"Hey," she greets back.

Her golden locks are tightly caught up in a low bun, a hairdo she does pretty often and give her a classy and professional style.

"What did you do today baby?" I ask.

"You know," she drawls on. "The usual, my morning routine, spent some time with the girls and now I am by myself in this huge house because you've decided to abandon me."

"We've been through this before Abby," I sigh. "I've come to college."

"To learn how to paint? You already know how to do that. You could have chosen something that would teach you something and give you a real career. You know, like the one your father has!" She snaps

I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. Then I count to ten so I don't snap at her.

It's Friday. Mystery college girl has been nothing but rude, classes are harder than I thought and I am tired. I am not in the mood to argue.

"What the hell is that?" Abby screeches and I regret showing my hand on the screen.

"What the hell does it look like? Rings."

"Of course, you'd use the distance to dress back like a homeless or a criminal. Seriously Dylan? It looks awful on you!"

"Well, everyone but you seems to think otherwise. Me, especially."

"Oh yeah? I bet all of those slutty college students are all over you right now, thinking you're this bad boy when you're anything but."

It's not like what she says isn't true. I am not a player or bad boy kind of guy and I seriously don't care about any of that but to see how judgy she is when she knows I'm nothing like that just because I like to dress like this, hurts.

It hurts.

"You know I like to dress like this since we were kids," I admit, hoping she'll understand.

"And I've worked hard to take that bad habit from you. Just for you to want to leave me all alone here and revert to bad habits."

"That's enough Abby," I raise my voice. "You're going too fucking far. I like dressing this way, just deal with it!"

"I knew you going there was a bad thing. Not wanting a real career for starters and then dressing like a punk. What's next, huh?"

For her to be behaving like this, I bet that something happened. She doesn't get in this foul mood for no reason but I've had a tough week too and I called her looking for comfort, for some affection and the reminder of what I have back at home.