49- Delusional

"Thank you," I tell the cab driver once I pay him

I seriously need to get my license. I finally can afford it - well, my father can.

When I step out into the chilly air and look around, a weird sensation hits me. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. The hotel is a few dozens of meters away, since it's a busy street and they're close to a big intersection, all vehicles need to stop a little bit down the road.

But it's fine, with this amount of people and light, it'll be fine. Not to mention that I am too happy today. No one will be able to ruin my mood.

When Dylan told me he had a surprise for me - another one, as if Paris wasn't good enough - and told me to meet him here I was ecstatic. He is the most dedicated and romantic person I've met and I am suspicious he's brought upon himself into making the "I love you" statement into one of those ridiculous cliché moments.

If it was with anyone else, I'd laugh in their faces and tell them it's ridiculous. But Dylan has converted me.

I want the cliché. I want everything with him. I want the happily ever after. The forever.

I start walking towards it, passing by a few perpendicular streets. One, in particular, is empty and dimly lit in comparison to the main road. I walk, trying to get past it but before I can, I am pulled into it quickly.

A hand snake around my mouth, preventing me from yelling and asking for help, while the other snakes around my waist and drags me into the darkness.

"Hello," someone whispers from behind me.

I tense in recognition. Dean.

I mumble behind his hand, trying to get him to get it off. Maybe if he does, I'll be able to scream for help.

But he doesn't.

"Did you miss me?" He whispers. "I was waiting until New Year, to fuck things up but after new first-hand information. I decided better."

What?

"Let's anticipate the deadline, shall we? Now, you'll be a good girl and walk with me to my car-" I scoff, interrupting him.

He growls and the hand that was holding me quickly leaves. I take the opportunity to push him away with my shoulder, knocking it on his chest trying to run but before I can take two steps, he grabs me and yanks me to the ground.

My shoulder hits the ground, sending a wave of sharp pain through it but I fight through it and try to get up.

"Don't try to run again, bitch," he growls. "Or I'll blow your brains out."

I look up and there he is, pointing a gun at me.

"Wow," I mock sarcastically. "Who knew, Dean. I knew you were a piece of shit but this is too over the top. Even for you."