Chapter- 28

Ryan's POV

I kept looking at my phone, expecting her call at any moment when my doorbell rang. Getting up I quickly opened the door to see Bri.

"Bri? Come in." I wasn't expecting her. I had that he would call once she leaves.

"I was waiting for your call." I walked in after her.

"I am sorry but I wanted to speak face to face." She looked at me apologetically.

"Come on, there's nothing to be sorry about. You want some water?" I offered to which she nodded. Passing her a glass of water I sat down opposite her impatiently waiting for her to speak .

"Did she speak up?" I questioned, my patience thinning out. She sighed before nodding.

"She did."

........................

"Do you need any help?" I asked looking at Bri in the kitchen. Both of us were hungry when she volunteered to make us some sandwiches.

"No, I will manage." I kept staring at her. The sight of her cooking in our kitchen was giving me a strange happiness. I could imagine myself cooking in the kitchen together and laughing and stealing occasional kisses.

"Woah!" I turned back and murmured to myself realising that staring at her was messing my mind.

"Here." She handed me a plate and sat down opposite me. I kept observing each of her actions like how she plopped down on the sofa like a kid to how her eyes widened slightly on taking a bite of the sandwich, as if she was appreciating her own cooking and honestly, I was finding everything cute about her. I shook my head at that. Something definitely was not right with me.

"You don't like it?" She asked, most probably noticing me shaking my head.

"No, I do. It's very tasty." She nodded though she didn't look convinced.

"So , you got the voice clip?"

"I did. It's in here." I showed her my phone.

.....................

Evan's POV

"Why don't you leave me alone? I want nothing to do with the past."

"No Evan, I will make it very clear. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were drunk and we made a mistake which I would like to not repeat ever again."

I shut my laptop off and massaged my forehead. Two whole weeks had passed already and still her words rang in my ears just as fresh. On top of that Bri's accusation on Kate.

I want to believe Brae but at the same time I can't think of Kate in that light. She supported me through my tough times , stuck to me when I was down and now suddenly how can I throw her away based on some allegations that too when Brae herself isn't saying a word. All she does is push me away.
I didn't know what to believe anymore.
I went into the kitchen to drink some water.

"Evan, we need to talk." I slammed the glass on the counter, some water spilling out of it.

"What? Now what?" I was always in the worst of my mood these days all thanks to that one woman.

"You sound like someone pissed in your mouth." I exhaled deeply and glared at him.

"Okay, okay I am sorry. I came to give you the proof that you wanted."

"Proof?"

"You mean you got proof that Kate blackmailed Brae into all of this?"

"Wow you understood! So fast? I am impressed." He faked admired causing me to roll my eyes at him.