Chapter- 33

Evan's POV

Brae stood there in a satin pink dress that was hugging every curve on her body. Her hair was pushed back behind her shoulder, exposing her long slender neck and her defined beauty bones. My eyes moved up to her full pink lips, causing me to painfully gulp. My eyes got fixed on her eyes. They had that mesmerizing effect on me, leaving me feeling dazed. After a long minute I averted my eyes and took a deep breath to calm my erratic breathing.

Before I could speak, she pushed a balloon with a frown and a sorry message on it in my face.

"Brae-" She cut me off.

"No, I will speak and you will listen to me." I knew she would apologize and I had already forgiven her. I wanted to tell her that.

"But-" Again I was cut off.

"Shut up." She glared at me, causing me to raise my hands in surrender. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, preparing herself to speak.

"I know it was all my mistake. I should have come clean to you. You said you needed time, so I didn't show you my face for two whole days. I picked flowers for you, baked cookies for you, planned this whole surprise for you, everything that could make you happy. I know I had messed it up, I had hurt you with my stupidity but I promise I never moved on. That day, I had hurt you a lot and when I heard that you wanted to be away from me I accepted your decision because at that time I was ready to do anything that could make you happy. I am sorry Evan, please don't push me away, please." Her eyes were brimming with tears by the end of it. I took her hands in mine and squeezed them gently.

"When I said I wanted to be alone, I was speaking for a little time. I can never push you away from me, Brae. Trust me, being away from you can never make me happy." I spoke every word with utmost honesty and clarity to make sure that she understood me. Her nod acknowledged my words.

"I will ask for a promise from you." I said after a few seconds, her hands still held in mine. She again nodded, asking to continue.

"I want you to always trust me to be beside you, no matter what the situation is." This time the tears she had been trying to control, left her eyes causing me to subconsciously tighten my grip on her hands.

"I trust you Evan. I do, but I was scared. After our separation, I lost all of my old friends. They all accused me of being a cheap gold digger. I used to feel left, so alone. When I was threatened by Kate I was scared for Bri. I am sorry, Evan. I am sorry for everything." The sight of her tears was pricking my heart. I gently pulled her by her hand towards me and closed my arms around her.

"It's okay Bella, don't cry. You don't have to be scared of anyone anymore. I promise." I stroked her hair, whispering assuring words in her ear. Pulling back I wiped away her tears and kissed her forehead before capturing her lips in a kiss. She didn't waste time wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me back, her lips curving up in a small smile.

"So does that mean I am your girlfriend now?" She looked up at me while we were still hugging.

"Uhm let's see. You can ask me to be your boyfriend." She immediately pulled away and furrowed her eyebrows, her lips curling down. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing at her expression.

"Can't you do that?" She mumbled while fiddling with her fingers.

"What? I didn't get you." Actually I had heard it pretty clearly.

"I said can't you do that? I already did so much." Although her question was loud and clear, she again mumbled the last part with a small pout. She was so damn cute!

"Of course I can but such a proposal needs some beautiful arrangements." I said, my mind already shifting to the thoughts of various plans.

"No it doesn't. Wait." She picked up a rose from the vase and thrusted it in my hand. I stared at the rose and back at her face.

"Now ask." She clasped her hands together. I chuckled at her actions but nonetheless went on my knee and put the rose forward.

"Brae, all these years without you have been the most horrible period of my life. There hasn't been a day when I didn't think of you and not even for a moment have I hated you. I have always loved you, the grief and the pain may have overpowered it at times but it was never lost. So will you do the honour of being my girlfriend, Braelyn Taylor?" She grinned widely before tackling me in a hug. My hands wrapped around her waist immediately but I failed to support us and fell on my back.

"Yes I will be your girlfriend and I love you too." She semi-yelled like an over-excited child. I laughed, my face buried in the crook of her neck.

……………..

"Everything is so delicious. You are an even better cook now." I said putting a piece of steak in my mouth.

"Thank you." She smiled, showing her perfect teeth.

"Evan?" She called like she had something to ask.

"Hmm?" I looked up at her. She put her fork down and looked around before speaking.

"Do you think all these, these red heart balloons, candles and these flowers…... Was it a bit too cheesy?" I turned my gaze back to my plate.

"Maybe." I am sure my answer along with a shrug had left a small frown on her face and I was right. She was playing with the vegetables on her plate, a small frown gracing her lips.

"But I like it." I finished my sentence causing her to look up.

"Cheesy or not, it made me feel special. So, I love it." Her face was sporting a wide grin, spreading one on mine as well. We went back to our meal when an idea came to me.

"Dance?" Brae looked startled for a second, unsure for another and then nodded, smiling.

"Sure." She put her hand in mine. I played the music on my phone. I pulled her forward causing her body to crash on mine. A few giggles left her mouth now and then as I twirled and dipped her. Soon we were just moving to the soft music, my hands on her waist, while hers were around my neck. She was looking into my eyes while I was admiring her beautiful face as we danced to the tune, celebrating our love.

 She was looking into my eyes while I was admiring her beautiful face as we danced to the tune, celebrating our love