ddakji

your pov -
"I CANT BELIEVE YOU WASTED ALL MY MONEY ON A FUCKING GAMBLE AE-CHA" she yelled at me. well it wasn't the first time, i guess. i really just wasn't the best child. at all.

"ma i thought i'd win.."

"NO, YOU KNOW WHAT GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE. TAKE ALL YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE IM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!"

"ma you can't do that to your own daughter.. that's not right. please ma. one more chance." i really wanted her to listen but she just wouldn't. she never did, except i never had a good reason. ever.

"i'll lower my voice for you just so i don't disturb our poor neighbours. i'm going to work, ok. and by the time i get back you better be gone Ae-Cha." and with that she backed away from my face and slammed the door.

wow so this is it. my last chance. well it was, because now it's gone. i'm officially out of the house. at this point, all i could do was sigh and go pack my shit.

everything was good to go all my clothes, bedding, a little food and a picture. my brother, before he'd gone missing. i wonder we're he'd gone to. cause now, i was on my own.

out of that house i was, roaming around. finally reaching my destination. the train station. i thought maybe i could just take a train somewhere. find a hotel to stay at for a little, with the last of the money i stole. from my so called mother.

i sat down at the nearest bench minding my own business. just not feeling it. i was about to whip out my phone until a man approached the same bench as me.

"hello mam, how are y-"
"no, sorry. i would not like to buy something. sorry"
i scooted away from him wanting nothing to do with him whatsoever. considering he was wearing a business suit and a matching black suitcase.

"play a game with me?"
did he just ask me, a total stranger. to play a game? is he for real.

"huh, i'm sorry did i hear you right? play a game?"
"are you familiar with the game ddakji?"
he questioned.

"uh, yes. indeed i am"
i stuttered.

"would you like to play?"
he said opening up the black suitcase.

"uhm. sir, what for exactly?"
her eyes widened as she scanned the tightly kept money.

"i'll take that as a yes, and it's just a fun little game where if you win you get 10,000 won and if i win you give me the same amount, the rules are simple really. now, red or blue?"
he asked pulling out two cards.

"red."
she answered without hesitation.
a wide smirk plastered across his face.

"shall we begin?"
his face was scary but oddly attractive, but i'd just ignored it. i watched as he got up from his seat and walked over to the middle of the floor. placing the blue card on the floor and held the red one in front of me.

"you can go first for a better chance at winning."
he grinned, the look as if i had no chance, the look that made me mad. i was already good at this game as is but that glance, ugh it really pissed me off. i snatched the card out of his hand.

i stepped forward in front of the blue card, the red one gripped tightly in my hand. i lifted it near my head around just above my shoulder. SMACK. it hit the floor flipping his card immediately. he looked at me in surprise. i turned my head and smiled. i faintly heard him whisper "she'd be great for the boss." i ignored his comment and lent out my hand all i cared about was this money.

"my 10,000 please." i smirked, i was very pleased with myself. "of course mam, a deals a deal" he reached out to his suitcase slipping out a 10,000 bill. my mouth slightly opened in a bit of disbelief even if he'd said he would.

i snatched it from his hand while he grabbed my wrist as i did so. "if you'd like to do more like this and win bigger prizes call this number." he put his other hand along with the money in my hand and closed it, placing something in it. as he turned around to walk away.

i looked down at my hand closed as a fist and opened it. a small card he'd given me was laying there. written on the card was a 'circle, triangle and square' confused i flipped over the card with the number he must have been talking about.

i grabbed my phone from my pocket looking around for the man then at the phone percentage, it was at 10%. i put in the password and went to the phone icon and dialled the number. "what have i got to lose."

"hello" the voice on the other end answered. "hey it's the girl who's uhm  business card you gave to."
"state your name and date of birth to play."

play? i thought to myself. it must be nothing.
"its uhm, Ae-Cha, 14th of november
2002."

"come to *place* at 4:25am to participate in the game."
"ok, do i-"
and with that she heard the other line beeping. "oh they hung up. welp i uh better get some sleep on that train."
just in the exact time she had spoken the train had arrived.
———————————————————
927 words *