Chapter 32

Author P.O.V

The wind blew harshly around the group. Merlin's eyes widened as she watched the scene before her. Y/N had fallen unconscious from the pain. Her limp figure took quick breaths, her eyebrows scrunching in pain.

Zeldris slowly wrapped his arms around her tightly. The battle waged on around them. His expression was hidden. His hands shook furiously.

Cusack and Ludociel fought on, but everything was silent to Zeldris. Merlin glanced at the two with a curious gaze. She flew towards them and spoke a command..

"Let me see her," Merlin spoke.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!"

His response came out as a growl. He held her as tightly as he could. Merlin's gaze suddenly went serious. "Zeldris, I understand that you're worried, but you have to let me see her. I need to see what's going on," Merlin explained.

His gaze seemed almost animalistic. Zeldris's demon markings were dark and crawling down his eyes. Merlin came a single step further.

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER TO HER!"

Merlin bit her lip, trying to think of something she could do, but Zeldris wasn't in his right mind.

It only made sense. It'd been 3000 years that the two of them had struggled. They'd both been through so much to find eachother again and Y/N's running out of time.

The Seven Deadly Sins had been trying to save Meliodas, the only person that could possibly save her now.

And right now- her curse had progressed to its final stage in an instant. Black blood dripped from her closed left eye. A demon marking swirling around her forehead.

The markings covered her whole left arm and 3/4 of her neck. Her white wings were disheveled, feathers falling to the ground, shriveling as they hit the ground. Dark greys crawled up her wings, tainting them.

"Zeldris, I may be able to help her condition," Merlin's voice softened. Zeldris's eyes met your soft face. A red flush covered your cheeks. His eyes softened. He looked up at Merlin and sighed. "Very well,"

His mind had finally calmed down. He let Merlin get close and feel your forehead. "She has a high fever. It may be due to the curse or Escanor's power," Merlin spoke to herself, thinking of all the possibilities.

Zeldris looked down at your chest huffing up and down quickly and your flushed face. "Will...she be okay?" He spoke softly, allowing a small moment of weakness in front of Merlin.

Merlin smiled softly. Slowly, Y/N's breathing began to steady. Merlin took note of this. "Speak again, Zeldris," Merlin noted. "Huh?" He muttered. "I want to test something out," she stated.

"Alright...? I'm not sure what you want me to say- I have no time for games like this-!" He began to become uneasy again, until Merlin explained. "Look down," Zeldris did just that and his eyes widened. .