Chapter 35

Y/N P.O.V

Meliodas looked at all of us in utter shock. "You all really came...." he muttered.

"Gowther....this is your doing.." the Demon King growled.

"Yep! Although, we are in spirit form, so we can not directly intervine, but that doesn't mean we can't support you-" Gowther suddenly stopped speaking.

"What's wrong-" King suddenly stopped speaking. I ran over to King and clasped my hand over his mouth. Gowther chuckled softly. "You gotta read the room," he laughed.

I watched Elizabeth and Meliodas embrace eachother. I puffed out my cheeks and crossed my arms. "Are you feeling single right now, Y/N?" Gowther whispered in my ear.

I nodded slowly. I turned around and stuffed my face in his chest. "I miss Zeldris and it's only been like ten minutessss," I whined, my voice muffled.

Rumbles erupted from all around us as the Demon King began to attack. Meliodas's attack had harmed the Demon King; he bled from multiple wounds darted across his body from his arms to his legs.

"How dare you-! What is this power?" The Demon King muttered in complete shock.

"There presence gives me strength and meaning gives me power. One like no other! You have no chance of winning now!" Meliodas fought back, the Demon King slowly loosing control.

I watched in awe as Meliodas continued to fight against the Demon King.

....I've watched them suffer for 3000 long years....is their freedom...finally close?....

"Do your best Captain!"

"You can do it, Captain!"

...We encouraged him as he fought on...

"Your darkness...even frightens me-" The Demon King sighed. "Is that a block of compressed darkness? What unfathomable power..." Gowther noted.

"Yeah, he came up with the idea in the Cave of Training of the Druids," King confirmed. "It was based on my condensed power, but now- since the Captains magical power has increased- it's even greater than before!"

"It's odd. Just knowing that you're all here for me, it brings me energy," Meliodas looked up at the Demon King with an intense gaze.

"King"

"Diane"

"Gowther"

"Merlin"

"Escanor"

"Y/N"

"And....Elizabeth"

"I'm fine now thanks to you- so we can save Ban!"
Meliodas's compressed magic swirled around the Demon Kings sword, turning it into swiss cheese.

"Listen Captain! I am a man whom is a pain during the day and useless at night! But for you- I am happy to fight until the moment I take my last breath! You're my dear friend! And you've saved me time and time again! I'm so grateful!"