22| The Car Ride

Published on 8th October 2021.
______________________________

Here you go.

Vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

"May I know the reason you called me here?" I asked Shrey as I sat on the chair. The man called me to his company for God knows what confidential reason without any prior notice.

"The thing is, we want to renew the contract with you."

"Me?"

"I mean your hospital. Our company wants to upgrade the contract of all your medical staff working with us."

"Oh. But, why did you call me? I'm not the one to be concerned." I stated. I had much important work to do rather than dealing with him.

"So, you can't sign the deal?"

"I can but-"

"That's it." He raised his thumbs up and I shook my head in disbelief.

How could a full grown man be so crazy?

"Can I leave?"

"No, wait. Let me show you around." He said and I shook my head in negative. I had a lot of work to attend. Before I could speak anything to prove my side, he held my hands and dragged me out. "Don't take me as wrong. You're my bestfriend's brother-in-law and it's my duty to help you."

Help?

In what way?

He was wasting my time!

I walked through the building with him and gazed the surrounding. And I must say that the infrastructure was good. He took me out to an open area which seemed like a in-house shooting set.

Out of a sudden his phone rang and he excused himself while I stood in the middle of scene, being totally dumbfounded. Finding it as a good chance, I planned to leave but halted on my steps when I saw the photoshoot going on.

A guy stood too close to Natasha for the shoot and smiled while talking to her. Her boyfriend whom I saw in the hospital was sitting cosily with the director without any worries.

I took my phone out and clicked a photo of the guy standing with Natasha. He didn't seem good at all! I searched about him with his picture and read the articles related to him. One of the headlines was too weird to believe.

Emerging star Kartik proposes Natasha Mehta and faces rejection.’

Poor guy!

Well, no.

No-one told him to propose her infront of public when he wasn't sure of her answer. Wait! Was that man a threat for her? I guess so.