39| The Proposal

Published on 27th July 2023.
___________________________

Go ahead.

Vote, comment, share, follow....
Happy reading.....

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

I could look at the scene all day!

The holy fire infront of us illuminated our faces as I held her hands. A tear fell from her eyes but my hands reached to wipe them off before it could touch her mouth. She smiled and mumbled, "I can't believe it's happening."

I shook my head in assurance and pecked her head.

Ring... Ring...

I turned to my right and held the alarm as my eyes opened. I shut it off quickly before the sharp sound could wake her up.

Damn!

This was a dream?!

Fuck!

I lied down on the bed again and shut my eyes. But sleep was far away from me. The dream really messed up with my senses. It was good, but what did it even mean?

I turned my head to Natasha and saw her fast asleep. Her breathing remained slow and steady as her chest moved up and down. My gaze travelled to her cheeks which were lit up because of her smile.

What was she even thinking about?

Nevertheless, she looked adorable when she smiled.

Strands of hair flew upon her face as she turned her position and lied on her back. I tucked the hair behind her ear and sighed. Who the hell sleeps with their hair open? She should've tied them up before getting to bed.

I pecked her head before leaving the bed and quickly rushed to the balcony with my phone. I dialled the only person I could ask for advice from and waited until he picked it up.

"Hmm, you miss me now?"

"I'm not in a mood to joke, Vikas."

"Go on, how may I help you?"

"How do you propose someone?"

"Asking for a friend?"

"No, for myself..."

"You? Wait, what? You're kidding me?" He shouted without any sense which made me startle, "Baby, leave me!"

"What happened?" He shouted, this time louder and went god knows where. He returned only after an eternity and took to phone. So, he remembered that I was there. "What are you doing Vikas?"