Chapter 24

Slow and steady strokes.

Take it easy Daisy, you don't want to mess it all up now. Not now that you're so close to perfection.

My phone vibrates making me flinch.

"Fuck," I breathe out, grabbing quickly a cue tip to clean the wonky part of the wing.

"I've never seen anyone this concentrated before doing wing liner," Emma says, making Abi burst out laughing behind me.

"Well you've just seen one, congrats," I say, throwing away the cue tip and picking up my phone to see who interrupted me.

"Did you get there yet?" - T

"No, we're still getting ready." - D

I've told Theo that I'm going out to a club tonight with my friends before coming here to Caleb's and Julian's place to get ready with the girls.

I still haven't told him my decision, I'm a bit hesitant not going to lie and to be honest, I'm having second thoughts.

I look at my very similar wing liner decorating my otherwise dull brown eyes and decide to put some mascara on as well whilst thinking what to do with the boy.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, maybe I need to be a little bit more impulsive in life. I just don't want to do something that will ruin our friendship cause I enjoy his company.

I put the mascara down and check my face in the mirror. Since we're going to a club and we'll be dancing and getting sweaty, I didn't put on any foundation not that usually do. I prefer to show my real skin with all its small imperfections rather than spend time slapping foundation on every day.

"Which one are you wearing?" I hear Abi ask.

I turn my head back to see if she's talking to me only to see her and Emma looking over two dresses that are lying on the double bed in the middle of Julian's room. Julian oh so graciously let us use his room as our dressing room for the night.

I turn back looking at the makeup spread around on the study desk and start putting mine away before grabbing my brush and running it through my hair to loosen the waves I've made earlier.

"The green one I think," Abi says.

"Are you sure? What do you think Daisy?" Emma says, making me turn back around.

I place my brush back in my bag and look over the two dresses she's holding up for me.

"Which one should I wear?" She asks, biting her lip.

I looked first at the forest mini one-shoulder green dress and then at the red satin mini dress with a strappy back and quickly made up my mind.

"The red one," I say, watching Emma smile wide as Abi rolls her eyes.

"I totally agree so, the red one it is," She says, starting to get rid of her clothes to change into it.

I stand up and go to the duffle bag I brought with me, putting back all my makeup before getting out my outfit for the night.

"What are you going to wear?" Abi asks me, going to the desk to put some finishing touches on her makeup.

"You'll see in a few," I say as I start getting rid of my current clothes and shoving them in my bag.

I choose to wear a black playsuit that has a glittery effect all over it and a deep v neckline with short loose sleeves. I pair it with black tights underneath and back ankle heeled boots. For when we're out in the cold I have my crop faux leather jacket to throw on top.