Chapter 43

I trail my fingers over the soft beige leather seat as I let my eyes wander around. Is very bright in here, with hanging white lamps over each table and big windows all across the wall on the side. The texture of the wooden high tables and the black and wide artwork on the wall across me give a very cosy feeling.

The restaurant is buzzing with people and rightfully so, the Asian food here is amazing and the employees are lovely.

"So, have you travelled to a lot of places?" Amelia asks, sitting across the table from me.

"Nowhere near as much as I want to! Unfortunately, money issues hold me back," I say, before blowing on my burning food, taking a bite and chewing slowly.

"Oh, that's sad but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to travel once you get a job. Where do you want to go?" She asks, placing her knife and fork on each side of the plate to pick up her glass of water.

"I want to go all over the world really. Italy, Spain, Portugal, France. I've only been to the Netherlands once and to two Greek islands and that's it," I say once I swallowed my food.

"I went to Rome when I was younger, it was beautiful and the people were so welcoming. I also went to Austria once but I didn't really like it, the weather was cold and so was the people," Theo says from next to me as he cuts through his food.

"Maybe it was because of the weather," Thomas says from next to Amelia.

Thomas invited us for a double date with him and Amelia before we all go our separate ways for the holidays in the next couple of days.

"It could be. I also went to Malta twice but I was so young I don't remember anything apart from that it was nice and something about legos," Theo says, making me chuckle.

"Legos?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I think it was like a big lego store or maybe it's from somewhere else that I remember that," he says, shrugging.

"The four of us can go for a trip abroad one day, it will be cheaper that way and lots of fun," Amelia says with wide eyes and a tight lip smile.

"Yeah, that does sound nice," I say, getting excited at just the thought of us going away.

"Once we finish all our studies and save some money we can go," Thomas says as Theo nods in agreement.

"Oh my God look, you guys!" Amelia says with the biggest grin on her face.

She shoves her phone in our faces showing us a picture of a newborn that was just sent to her by someone.

"They look so cute," I say looking at the chubby cheeks of the cute baby.

"My cousin just send this to me, she gave birth two days ago to a beautiful baby girl," she says, grinning at her phone.

"What's her name?" Theo asks, looking uninterested.

"Ugh, they named her Katherine and I'm sorry but I don't like it, to me it sounds a bit of a bitchy name," she says grimacing.

"Yeah, I can see what you mean but hey, I've met a Katherine once in kindergarten she was a nice girl apart from her putting scraps of pencils in my hair once," I say, making all of them turn to look at me with straight faces.

"Thanks for the confidence," Amelia says, bobbing her head.

"Oh, no worries," I say, shrugging whilst smiling at her.

"What names do you like for a girl?" Thomas asks her before taking another bite of his meal.

"I like the name, Elise and Rosemary," she says.

"You Daisy? Any baby girl names in mind," Thomas asks me, making Theo look at me.

"I like a couple of names like Melody, Rose, Lyric and Charlotte," I say, watching as Theo smiles a bit as I list names.

"What about boys ones?" Amelia asks, looking at our boys primarily.

"I like simple classic names like Alex and Chris," Thomas says watching Amelia's reaction.

"Yeah, they're nice names," she says smiling softly.

"I like the names Ian, Simmon, Noah and Apollo," Theo says looking at me.

"I like all of those and Draco, cause it sounds cool," I say, winking at him as he shakes his head with a big smile on.

"I see that we won't have a problem when the times come to actually choose one or two," Theo says, making my eyes widen.

"So, you want kids?" I ask, raising the glass of cold water to my lips.

"Yeah, I think...I want one or two," he says, staring into my eyes seemingly nervous all of a sudden.

"That's nice, I want two," I say, turning my gaze from his relief face to the others watching us with a grin.

"What about you guys?" I ask after clearing my throat, placing the glass down and picking my utensil back.

"I want three kids," Amelia says, throwing a glance at Thomas.

"I wanted only one," he starts saying, turning his gaze on her.

"Now I want five," he says, making my jaw drop.

She spits the water she managed to put in her mouth back in her glass.

"Five?!" She yells.

"What can I say, darling, you make me want five kids with you," he says, running his tongue over his teeth.

"How did I do that? I only ever wanted three kids, five is way too many," she says quickly, eyes wide.

"Well it's not my fault you're looking like that, what do you want me to say, get ugly," he says, shrugging.

"Darling, do you want to have sex with me ever again? Cause I don't think I'll want to after five kids," she says, smiling tightly at him.

"Oh, I'll want to but if five kids are going to cause me that, then okay, three are also good," he says, putting his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to kiss her forehead.

After eating some more and talking about nonsense Thomas drops a question at me that I can't say I wasn't expecting.

"What do your parents do for a living?" I watch as Theo halts with his glass mid-air.

"My mum works as a hotel receptionist," I say.

I watch as they all expected me to add the and my dad part but once they realise I won't do that they nodded their heads.

"Oh, got it," Amelia says as Theo slowly puts his glass back down on the table.

I'm sure he'll have questions about that and I'll happily answer them later when we have privacy.

"Okay, so what's the most annoying thing about each other?" Amelia asks, changing the subject immediately.

"Oh, where do I start," Theo says, making me glare at him as the others laugh.

I shove him playfully by his arm whilst shaking my head with a smile on.

And just like that, the mood lighten up again and we kept talking about all sorts of different things.

A/N

Have you ever been on a double date? If not would you like to go at some point?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next one as Daisy opens up about her family situation...👀

Please don't forget to comment & vote, I really appreciate all the support ❤️

I hope you all have a great day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️