11

a/n i rlly hope ya'll enjoy this chapter I tried really hard to make it my best. also i attached what I think aurora's dress would look like, but feel free to imagine it whatever style and color you like:)

VICTORIAN ERA
ENGLAND 1700 

AURORA 

The more I stayed here, the more I hated it. 

I hated dancing with a passion, even more than I hated having to dress up and behave like a lady all night long. 

I didn't like England if I was being honest. It was big and dirty and filled with men that believed they were better than the rest. 

But, I had to admit, these balls were growing on me. Something about people forgetting about everything outside the ballroom seemed to catch my attention. 

Except for the dancing part, of course. I did not like dancing.

I adjust my dress, wiggling around inside it and wincing as the corset dug against my ribs. 

God, this dress was so uncomfortable. 

"Aurora!" Lady Helena's cold voice snaps at me from a couple of feet away. I turn, a frown on my face. She snaps her fingers, pointing to my face and then mimicking a smile. 

Lady Helena was a mean old lady that gave me etiquette lessons in the palace. She was supposed to be teaching me proper Ballroom manners, but so far it wasn't going too well. 

I roll my eyes at her warning, sighing and then putting on the best fake smile I'm capable of making. I grit my teeth as Helena scans me, deciding if my smile was worthy of being kept or if I was going to have to change it. 

Thankfully, she just rolls her eyes, meaning the smile is acceptable as she turns and catches another girl that's not doing what needs to be done.  

God, I couldn't wait to leave this shithole. 

I'd been here a couple of years. Sprite had been here before me, and she'd told me that coming here had been fun and interesting. I'd come to visit one time and I honestly hadn't hated it, which was why I'd moved. 

It took me very little time to want to leave. I hated the atmosphere. How I always had to look perfect, how everything I did was to impress a man. 

No bad posture, Aurora. 

No snickering, Aurora. 

No scowling, Aurora. 

I was honestly pretty tired of it all–even more so because I honestly didn't like a single guy that got in front of me. 

Don't get me wrong, they were handsome. They were kind and they treated me nice enough. 

They weren't him, though. 

I'd kept in touch with most of the team except for Ikaris. After Tenochtitlan, the little we had of our relationship had basically shattered, but I didn't mind, I'd never been a fan of him. 

I'd visited Thena and Gil in Australia a couple of years back before moving here, and I'd checked in on Ajak, who was busy traveling the world. 

I hadn't heard from Druig at all. Not a letter, not a visit, not anything. 

I had to admit, it did disappoint me. A part of me had thought that maybe he'd come to find me by now, but my hopes had withered and died as the years had gone by.