19. ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

- Enchanted, Taylor Swift

•••

"Come on Liz it'll be fun and I want you and Efi to get to know each other"

Those are the exact words Darren told me on the phone last night, now that I'm here... I regret even coming.

The farmers market is where we are... do I fucking look like someone who goes to the farmers market?!

It smells like shit and more shit, and seeing her all up on  my man is starting to make my left eye twitch just a little.

I never had a problem with Efi at first.

I've heard small things about her throughout the years, mainly how he would go to her mothers flower shop to get flowers for Maddie's grave.

See I was fine with that, what could a young, bike riding, flower picking, 'the whole world is a ball of sunshine' girl do to threaten my relationship?

A lot, that little bitch did a lot.

I never had to be possessive over Darren, everyone knew we were basically married, also I'm hotter than any girl that batts an eyelash at him. I had his undivided attention, I was his #1 priority, even his mentally unstable mother wasn't on my level.

That was all until Efi fucking Sai came into the picture. That little bitch is ruining everything I've worked so hard for in the past 3 years.

Even a blind man can see how infatuated he is with her, the way his eyes lights up whenever he talks about her or how excited he gets when he talks about the day they just spent together.

He supposed to look at me like that... I'm supposed to make him feel like that...

I know, it's odd that I never took this relationship serious. I just always thought that even if life goes to shit, he'll always be there for me to lean on.

Whenever I needed him to take me shopping and max out his card it used to be:
"Oh yea babe I'll be there in 10"

But now it's:
"Not today Liz, I'm hanging out with Efi"

Efi this, Efi that, Efi Efi always fucking Efi!

I was keeping my distance because they were looking at all the things that smell like shit, but the moment I saw his hand on the small of her back as he lead her to the next vendor... my left eye really started to twitch.

That fucking bitch.

I walked up to them and removed his hand from her.
"Oh my gosh Darren did you see the size of those strawberries over there!" I wrapped my arm around his shoulder but he shrugged me off