29. ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

PSA: SMUT
———

And when we're making love
Your cries they can be heard from far and wide
It's only the two of us

Everything I need's between those thighs
Every time I look into your eyes I see it

You're all I need
Every time I get a bit inside I feel it

Ooh, who would've thought I'd get you?
Oh yeah, oh yeah babe

Ooh, who would've thought I'd get you?

- Get You, Daniel Caesar

•••

Three Months Later

Three Months Later

Three months flew by faster than I expected, and now it's the evening before I leave.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, not of being on my own for a year, but of leaving the people I love the most behind.

Darren has been reassuring me that the year will go by so fast that'll be like I never left, which is probably true but it won't feel like that in the moment.

I'm just going to miss my parents so much. Like who's my mom going to yell at all the time, and who is my dad going to try and coax to stop reading romance novels?

Who's Darren going to call when he wants to go on a late night drive, or when his plants that he hasn't watered in 3 days are dying, or when he just needs a hug?

I know it's only for a year but so much happens in a year, like all the home cooked meals I'm going to miss out on, or the Sunday nights of story telling with my family.

Even the customers in the flower shop that I've grown to love, like Ms. Betty and her petunia seeds, or Mr. George who gets carnations for his sick wife.

I'm going to miss everyone so much.

I let out a loud sigh
I'm not even gone yet and I'm already feeling homesick.

"Girl stop overthinking it, you're going to be in France, who the hell gets sad about going to France" I hear Daja's voice from my iPad sitting on my vanity

I called her to help me pick out a dress for the date Darren's taking me on.
"I know Daja but there's so much I could miss"

"Stop worrying about the things you'll be missing and think of all the new memories you'll be creating" I sigh again, she's right

"Ok, I need to be more excited, I'm finally going to become a botanist" I squeal and Daja joins me

"Alright enough squealing, we need to find you a bomb ass dress. So bomb that Darren won't be able to take his eyes, and hands off of you"