Wild Boy

It had been four months since Tommy left his exile. He'd moved from place to place, slowly but gradually getting farther and farther away from Dray. The teen looked like part of the wild now, rabbit pelts for clothes, cow hide for shoes and a leaf hat. If you asked him, he looked amazing.

Anyone else would disagree.

He washed in streams, slept in caves and trees, ate rabbits and always left an empty fire pit behind. He never found out why he left such an obvious trail. But no one came looking for him, and that's all that mattered to Tommy.

As time went by, he gained more scars, more experience, more resources (and more hair). He began to visit local villages, learning their language. He realized he'd crossed into Illea a few thousand blocks back, and he grinned. But every night he still snuck back into the forest to continue his search in another village.

He didn't know what he was looking for.

Soon people seemed to expect his arrival. Rumors of a 'wild boy' began spreading quicker than he could village hop, and by the time he turned 18, people were welcoming him on their doorsteps.

It was quite overwhelming.

Tommy started hunting less, relying more on the resources gifted to him from strangers who heard the rumors and wanted to play a part in his story. He never stopped for more than a polite thanks and a swift goodbye.

Tubbo's compass hung from the bandana he dared to now call a belt.

Tommy curled up under heavy blankets now.
And he fell asleep to the sound of distant singing.