06.

We feel, we hurt, we cry, we love, therefore we are beings of emotion, if we feel heavy with no way of release, then all we can do is lean on another, who understands, because we are all beings of emotion.

~|•

Carter.

Emotionally drained, I knew what it was, I knew what it entailed, I knew I was riddled with confusion, crippling anger and burning hatred, all directed at one wolf, he had ruined my life, painted me in the worst of ways and blamed me for his misdeeds, what had I done to him, what had I done to offend him, the answer was no, I had done nothing, he simply saw me as the scapegoat, the chess piece he could use and discard, a pawn. Sighing heavily I made it into the house, the car ride hadn't been slow, but I appreciated his pace, it gave me time to cool off, as I walked past the threshold, bags lined the wall and most of the lounge, I think I might have overshopped, and I also might have bought stuff which weren't mine, I had to send them to Louisville sooner than later, I didn't want the alpha questioning who I bought a three piece burgundy suit for, and also rouse attention from my house mates, I wasn't in the mood for it, luckily it seemed I was- not in the house alone.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, walked toward the stairs as I removed my heels, I hoped it wasn't Tori trying to weasel her way into my wardrobe, when we were kids she used to take a lot of my clothes since we had a similar build, it was easy to fit into them. I was wrong, Tori was knee deep in the contents of my suitcases. "Before you bust my lip or some shit, look at how cute I look in these pants, I didn't know I had a firm butt." She stated as I looked blankly at her, of course I wouldn't acknowledge that she looked damn near hot in those pants because then she would take them, I wasn't interested in ordering another pair.

"Okay I'm sorry for snooping, but can you blame me, I haven't seen you in years, you've changed, you're beautiful, you're strong and you're married." She mumbled as my business card was in her hand, she also turned to show me her phone where the commander announced his resignation and our wedding, I was practically beaming that day, I remained silent though. "Look, I'm not saying you're wrong in not telling me but you're married,and none of us knew, we hurt you and I understand that but-." She finally broke down flopping to the bed in tears, that's when I finally engulfed her in my embrace, she needed to let out all she was feeling, all the confusion, anger and guilt, it was ripping her in two.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Carter." She begged, as I still held her until it all fizzled out to be sniffles. "I know you're sorry, but it will take time to forgive you, also I was and still am in exile, you all chose a life here and none of you were willing to go with me, I made a life out there, I chose to fight for myself and live, my marriage to my mate has been the best thing and still is the best thing to happen to me in this life, he's my everything, so asking me why I didn't tell you is simple, none of you mattered when I was out there, none of you still matter because its my life, just like how you and Tai are together, its your life, let's not act as if that's any different." I replied standing up and sitting next to her, we were so close but life pulled us apart, I would still do anything for her but I'm afraid we aren't the people we used to be back then.