11

For the past three days, Arieon hadn't seen Enzo and she was already starting to get worried. Agatha assured her that everything was alright and Enzo was okay but that wasn't enough to keep her calm.

Even though their last interaction wasn't sweet, she still worried for his safety

"What are you painting?", Agatha asked as she walked into the sun room where Arieon was sitting painting. "A white rose", Arieon replied as she was so engrossed in what she was doing. This was one of the ways to keep her from stressing out like a worried mom.

"It doesn't look like a rose", Agatha frowned as she sat beside her. "that's because I'm not done yet", Arieon told her. Agatha nodded and focused on how she painted. If anyone could see her right now, he or she would know that Arieon had a passion for painting.

This was the kind of passion that Agatha had for singing but that was several years ago.

"Does it look like a rose now?", Arieon asked after few more minutes it painting. She wiped her hands with the clothe on the table and began to clean up. "It looks more than a rose. I feel like I could pluck it out of that canvas", Agatha said as she pinched her fingers dramatically and Arieon chuckled.

"That's the work of oil paints. To make artworks look more realistic", Arieon shrugged. Arieon noticed that Agatha wasn't her usual self. "Agatha, are you okay?", She asked.

Agatha looked at her and forced a smile, "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?". "Okay then, let's go and make lunch", Arieon said dropping the topic for now. She was going to ask her later.

They walked out of the sun room and made their way downstairs to the kitchen. "You never told me the relationship you have with Matteo and Vincenzo", Arieon said to her.

Agatha nodded and brought out the pots. "As you can see already, they're both my bosses. Vincenzo is the main boss while Matteo is the underboss", she said. "How did you guys meet?", Arieon asked.

"Well, I had a very rocky past. I used to work as a stripper so I could be able to cater for my mom and younger siblings", Agatha said with a small sad smile. She was never happy with her stripper life and didn't like to talk about.

"I'm sorry for pressuring you to tell me. You don't have to say it if you don't want to", Arieon quickly said as she noticed Agatha's distressed state. Agatha chuckled and shook her head, "For me to tell you my past means I trust you and that, I do".

Arieon smiled, "I feel honored". "Honestly, Enzo is like a brother to me", Agatha admitted and she frowned. "But you call him Capo", Arieon said. Agatha nodded, "It's a sign of respect. He's older than me and I see him as a brother".

Arieon nodded in understanding. "So why were you sad?", She asked. "Today is James birthday. He's my youngest sibling", Agatha answered with a sad smile. "Can't you call them to say hi?", Arieon asked her. She shook her head, "I haven't spoken to them for six years. I'm sure he would have forgotten about me. He was barely a year old when I left".

They finished cooking and went to sit on the island. "You weren't allowed to call them?", Arieon asked. Agatha chuckled drily, "They think I'm dead".

Arieon frowned at what she just said. "I thought you said you're a payment of what the Mafia did to your family", she said in confusion. "I am", Agatha nodded. "Please, explain", Arieon said with a confused look and Agatha laughed. 

"Before I came here, my dad had a very bad case of cancer and the company was going bankrupt. He sold the company to get enough money to do the surgery but then, during the surgery he died", Agatha said with strain. Arieon knew she was having a hard time telling this to her.

"You don't have to continue", Arieon said but Agatha shook her head. "you're the only female friend I've had in six years, please let me tell you", Agatha pleaded and she nodded. "I'm all ears", Arieon said.

Agatha explained to her how she had to become a stripper so she could earn money for her family when her mother began to have ulcer. At the age of seventeen, she was literally the mother in her family. One day, the Italian Mafia came to their house to demand for the debt her family owed them.

Matteo was there and recognized her from the club he visited. She talked with Enzo and they decided to take her instead of killing her family. At first, Agatha refused because she wouldn't let her fourteen year old sister and brother get a job.

Matteo decided to provide for her family but only if she followed them back to Italy. She had no choice than to leave her family. She knew her mother wouldn't let her go, so they had to fake her death.

"I'm sorry", Arieon said as she wiped the tears from Agatha's face. Agatha chuckled and smiled at her, "Let's not join the pity party, shall we?" Arieon smiled and nodded.

"Is this why you and Matteo are close?", Arieon asked. Heated rushed to Agatha's cheeks as they became red. "Well, I'm kind of his sex toy if you put it like that", she said and Arieon frowned. "He's using you?", She asked.

Agatha shook get head, "Not like that. He sleeps with other girls but I'm like his constant bed pet even though sometimes we just cuddle and not have sex". "Do you like him?", Arieon asked curiously.

Agatha looked taken aback by her question and swallowed hard before thinking it through. Did she like him? He made it clear that no feelings were attached but she was the only one he'd stay in bed with till the next morning and make her breakfast before leaving. Did she really like him?

"I don't know. I've never thought about it", she admitted sheepishly. "Even though I like him, it would just be a waste of time", she added with a sigh and placed her hands on the table with her head on it. "Why?", Arieon asked her.

"Liking someone and them not liking you back is a very painful experience. He's a player, he has no time to settle down. He's a don also, him having a girlfriend or wife means having a weakness", Agatha explained. "But your weakness can be your strength", Arieon said and she shrugged.

"How long have Enzo and Matteo been friends?", Arieon asked. "Even before they could talk or walk. They were born at the same time in the same place. It's cliche but that's reality for them. They're like inseparable fraternal twins", Agatha said with a small laugh.

"That's cute", Arieon said and she nodded. "It's wonderful to know that you think Matteo and I are cute", the two women looked up to see Enzo walk in. Agatha rolled her eyes while Arieon blushed a little.

"You know eavesdropping isn't good", Agatha said with a stern look. He rolled his eyes, "I forgot to bring my notepad for my lessons on how to live my life. I'll remember next time". Agatha shook her head in amusement while Arieon looked at the table.

"I was looking for you women so I came here. Arieon, we have dinner with my parents tonight", he said to them. Arieon looked up and pursed her lips, "At least this isn't the last minute". "I'll allow you to pick your dress. Agatha can help you. Meanwhile, I'll help myself to the brownies you guys made", he said and began to make his way to the kitchen.

"Don't consume everything", Agatha warned. "Bloodbaths are tiring, and I'm hungry", he complained and entered the kitchen. With an eye roll, Agatha stood up with Arieon.

"Let's go and get you ready. You'll take a nap while I pick out your dress", Agatha said and she nodded. "It's like you always know what I need", Arieon said and they laughed before making their way to the staircase.