45

"Thank you for letting me see them", Arieon said to Enzo. After their late night dinner, he drove her back to the hotel she was staying I while the kids had fallen asleep in the car. "They've been wanting to see you", he said to her. She smiled and tucked the loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Thank you", she said. "You're welcome. Goodnight"*l, he said to her. "Goodnight", she said and turned to walk away.

The next day, Arieon and her team were already at one of the international hospitals in Italy. They were having a discussion on how to go about the research for the cure. "We only have two weeks to spend here", Cody said to one of the directors. The elderly man nodded, "It's not a problem. We'll see to what we can do to make this research successful". "The girl is already suffering. She's slipping in and out of coma every week and she's losing blood", Arieon said.

"We'll do what we can. We also need assistance from a company to make this research successful", another director said. She was a very beautiful Italian woman with sapphire blue eyes and a model like body. She reminded her of Veneza, Enzo's sister.

"What company?", Tiffany asked. "A's Enterprise", the woman said. Arieon's eyes widened. *That's Enzo's company*, she thought. "Is it a research company?", Madison asked. The lady shook her head, "It's a company that deals with every single aspect including medical researches and businesses. Their facilities are the best". "I've heard of the company. It's worth trillions of dollars", Brian said in awe.

In Arieon's head, she was feeling proud of Enzo for successfully building a great name. No wonder the paparazzi follow him everywhere. "I know this may sound unprofessional but I've been wanting to say this, your accent is so beautiful!", Tiffany blurted out to the lady. Everyone burst out laughing while Tiffany's cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

No one was surprised by her bubbly personality which suited her beautiful features very well. The lady smiled at her, "Thank you. I get that a lot". Arieon knew that the last seemed familiar but she couldn't place her finger on it.

The board meeting ended and everyone was dismissed. Arieon decided to look for Tiffany so they would meet the others downstairs. She met Tiffany by the elevator. She was already talking with the lady she complimented earlier on the board room.

"Tiff", Arieon said calling their attention. "Hey, Arieon. Meet my new friend", Tiffany said. The lady's brows furrowed immediately, *Arieon?*. They're eyes locked and Arieon knew she looked familiar. "Arieon, this is Veneza. Veneza, this is Arieon. She's the head of our team and the most intelligent, if I may add", Tiffany said giggling. Arieon and Veneza looked at each other with wide eyes.

Arieon cleared her throat, "It's nice to meet you, Veneza". "It's nice to meet you too, Arieon", the way Veneza said Arieon's name made her flinch at the amount of venom in it. "Would you like to join us for dinner?", Tiffany asked Veneza. She shook her head, "No, I'm very busy. I'm babysitting my niece and nephews tonight". Guilt filled Arieon's heart as she watched Veneza turn around to leave. Over the past five years, she had grown to become a very beautiful woman.

"Let's go and meet the others", Arieon turned to Tiffany. The team met at the reception downstairs. "Let's go and get lunch, I'm very hungry?", Brian said with a groan. "Pizza?", Madison suggested. "With fries", Arieon added. She wasn't that hungry but she needed to distract her troubled mind.

Enzo was busy in the conference room with some of the directors of his company when his phone began to vibrated. *I should've put it on airplane mode*, he though with an annoyed frown. "That's all for today, sir. Is there any adjustments you would like to make?", one of the directors said. Enzo hummed and laced his fingers together before setting it on the table.

"Your proposals are really interesting. I'll see to everyone of them and give you all your required feedbacks. If there be any need for adjustments, I'll highlight them", he said to them. The directors nodded happily. "You're all dismissed, have a nice day", Enzo said. They all stood up and left. He picked up his non-stop vibrating phone and tapped answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?", he growled. "Chill out, tiger. Don't eat me alive", Veneza's voice rang in his ear. He rolled his eyes and rested backwards on his chair. "Is there a reason you had to call me four times in a role while I'm in a meeting?", he asked. "I forgot that the meeting was so important than me. Next time I'll call at midnight", she said sarcastically. "Veneza, talk", he said with a sigh. "I saw Arieon", she said.

"At your hospital?", he asked. "Yeah, she and her team are working with us for a cure to an unknown sickness", she answered. "I know", Enzo said. "You've met her?", she asked surprised. "Yes, at the cinema yesterday with the kids", he answered. "She has changed", Veneza said. "Yes but in what way are you talking about?", Enzo asked.  "She's very beautiful but it's obvious that she's fighting inside", Veneza said.

"You're saying that because you're a psychologist", Enzo said with rolled eyes. "I'm actually serious, Enzo", she said. "I thought you hated her", Enzo said with amusement. "I know but I understand how she feels. I don't think she's mentally stable", Veneza said with a sigh. "Why do you say so?", Enzo asked. "She is good at hiding it from others so it won't be easy to figure it out but I'll try to unfold the problem", Veneza said.

"Okay, I need to get home before the kids turn into sugar mummies", Enzo said. Veneza let out a laugh. "I'm still babysitting them tonight?", she asked. "Yes please, mom is going to a charity event and Agatha
is going out with Matteo", he said. "Am I getting paid?", she jokingly asked. He rolled his eyes and stood up from his chair. "As if I'm not paying you already", he said with rolled his. His company had already bought the hospital she was working at.

"I need to go now, I have another client to attend to", She said. "Be careful", Enzo said and hung up. He sighed and walked out of the conference room. On his way to his office, he met Linda. "Mr. Armani, should I schedule an appointment with Mr. Amoretti today?", she asked. "No, I'm going home. Schedule it for tomorrow", he told her. She nodded, "Okay, sir. Please say hi to your wife and kids for me". Enzo nodded with a smile, "You also need to take it easy on the work". "I'm fine", Linda said with an eye roll.

"Once your bump is out, you're taking a leave", he told her. "Okay, okay", she answered. "Say hi to your husband. Goodnight", he said to her before turning to leave. The sky was already in different shades of bright colors signifying the evening. He began to unbutton three of his shirt  as he got into his Audi. He let out a sigh and roared the engine of his car to life.

By the time he got home, the kids were already doing their assignments in the living room. They were all sprawled on the floor either coloring or writing in their notes. "I'm home", he said as he walked in. "Daddy!", Antonio jumped to his feet and ran to hug his father. He was followed by the other three. Sometimes, Alexi would call Enzo his dad. Enzo didn't mind because Alexi was like his son too.

"How was school today?", he asked them. "We colored apples", Alessa said happily. "I thought they were only green but we colored them red", Alexi said with a frown. *Yes, he's a smart boy*, Enzo thought as he ruffled his hair. "There are different species of apples", Enzo said. "What are species?", Andrea asked with a frown. "Another word of type", Alessa said with a grin.

"Daddy brought snacks", Enzo said raising up a white plastic bag full of chips and soft drinks. "Yay!", they squealed as they followed him to the kitchen. "Alexi, where's your mom?", he asked the little boy. "She's upstairs doing the laundry", he answered. Help yourselves", Enzo said as he handed them the snacks before making his way up the stairs. His eyes landed on the large portrait hanging on the wall.

Arieon's eyes were always catching his attention. The amount of beauty it held that mirrored in Alessa's eyes always seemed to fascinate him. His heart began to yearn to see her again. "Stupid feelings", he mumbled and made his way to Agatha's room.